Work Alloy Wheels.

choptop

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Went for Meister S1 3 Piece, 19" x 10 and 19" x 11, 22 and 23mm offsets :teeth:

Should be in back end off April/Early May. Adam will let me know. Cannot wait!

9.5 up front ;) +24

11 out out back +23

to say its going to look amazing is a gross understatement!

Looking forward to seeing those! Never seen 11 wide on rear, thought my 10.5s were going wide! :D

Hi all,

Went for Meister S1 3 Piece, 19" x 10 and 19" x 11, 22 and 23mm offsets :teeth:

Should be in back end off April/Early May. Adam will let me know. Cannot wait!

9.5 up front ;) +24

11 out out back +23

to say its going to look amazing is a gross understatement!

Good to see you on the forum Adam.

Thanks for the update on the sizing. Give me a shout when they are in.

Cheers,

choptop. :thumbs:

yeah 11" have been done on rears (Think Giles' Racing Hart are 11" rear), bloody wide though! B)

No Giles are 10.5's. I think the offset is +23.

If hes got 10.5 Racing Hart rears...... they'll be +22 in fact! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
yeah 11" have been done on rears (Think Giles' Racing Hart are 11" rear), bloody wide though! B)

I'm sure they were +23 or +24, not +22 like Rays.

I'm sure they were +23 or +24, not +22 like Rays.

well going off btoh mine and Nick MSM (who used to be on here with Sunset roadster) being 10.5" 19"s at +22 at rear, I was just thinking his would be the same...... Front is different at +26 mind!

Maybe his were earlier range as both me and Nick have RS series...... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Contacted my Insurance Company yesterday about the new wheels. I was told they would not insure me :rant: I am gutted. I expected a rise in premium but to be told they would not continue to insure my car if I had them fitted was a bolt out of the blue. :cry:

Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

Contacted my Insurance Company yesterday about the new wheels. I was told they would not insure me :rant: I am gutted. I expected a rise in premium but to be told they would not continue to insure my car if I had them fitted was a bolt out of the blue. :cry:

Fraid not. RAC allow me 3 mods. Rims and zorst are two, but annoyingly they count the nismo kit as one so i'm up to my mod limit now. Officially. :ninja:

Thats crap! But not unheard of.....

How long you got left on your policy till it expires?

Problem is that if you change now and you been with them for say 10 months, then you loose those 10 months out of your NCB. But if you only been with them for say 2 months then not so much of an issue.....

Give us a call if you want Rich and will explain further?......

Shame, just that some companies see that as soon as you change a set of wheels, that you become much higher risk! :thumbdown:

Thanks everyone for their comments.

Tried engaging them into why they came up with this crap reason but they would not be drawn on it.

Have until October to go with them. Changing now would cost me too much. I will not be re-insuring with them again.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:angry::angry::angry::rant::rant::rant:

Sorry, had to get it out of my system.

Thanks everyone for their comments.

Tried engaging them into why they came up with this crap reason but they would not be drawn on it.

Have until October to go with them. Changing now would cost me too much. I will not be re-insuring with them again.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:angry::angry::angry::rant::rant::rant:

Sorry, had to get it out of my system.

Probably worthwhile saying who the underwriters are so that people know not to go with them if they are going to mod etc..... :thumbdown: