Work Alloy Wheels.

choptop

Didn't manage to get to talk to anyone yesterday about Work Wheels. Would people recommend staying with 18" rims or going to 19" rims? If you go down the 19" route do you have to get your speedo recalibrated? Does it effect the handling, electronics, EBD etc etc? (What are the pro's and cons). Any advice would be gratefully received.

Found a UK Distributor of Works Wheels and whilst the cost in not cheap could those of you who have purchsaed from the USA let me know what a set of 4 wheels cost you in total? Please PM me if you could.

:teeth:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it's Vogue International I'd be wary of them... they didn't even manage to source me the Work lightweight lug nuts, whereas when i asked Adam he had them in stock (but wrong colour).

The guys @ Vogue international didn't even know they existed :rolleyes: talk about amateurs ;)

I stuck with 18" because the model I bought was only available in 18" or smaller. proper performance wheels you see ;):teeth:

20" definitely affect handling (upon many owenrs' admissions, including Liam's Z) making it worse, it gives you a harsher ride due to the nearly non-existing side-wall but looks good and MASSIVE! (ask Stuey! B) )

19" "seem" to be a good compromise in this case. Personally I'm happy to have stuck with my 18", saved 3kg/corner and gained in width at the same time. And everyone who sees my wheels always ask if they are 19", or 20" even, so looks are definitely not affected B)

if it's Vogue International I'd be wary of them... they didn't even manage to source me the Work lightweight lug nuts, whereas when i asked Adam he had them in stock (but wrong colour).

The guys @ Vogue international didn't even know they existed :rolleyes: talk about amateurs ;)

I stuck with 18" because the model I bought was only available in 18" or smaller. proper performance wheels you see ;):teeth:

20" definitely affect handling (upon many owenrs' admissions, including Liam's Z) making it worse, it gives you a harsher ride due to the nearly non-existing side-wall but looks good and MASSIVE! (ask Stuey! B) )

19" "seem" to be a good compromise in this case. Personally I'm happy to have stuck with my 18", saved 3kg/corner and gained in width at the same time. And everyone who sees my wheels always ask if they are 19", or 20" even, so looks are definitely not affected B)

Spoke to Envy Performance Ltd.They had everything in stock (18") and seemed to know what they were talking about. The price on their website is costed per wheel. Buy a set of 4 and speak to them over the phone and the price dropped. PM me if you can with costs for importing. Would be much appreciated. :D

I can't really give you up to date prices, i bought mine 2 years ago mate :)

Speak to Adam @ Z1 Auto (or aim him, or email him) he'll help you out.

Once you have a quote from him we can help you compare and add VAt etc.

PS highly doubt the wheels you want from WORK are in stock with exactly the same offsets, size and colour you are looking for.

I say this because WORK are famous for their customisability, basically their wheels are made to order mate. You can have any offset you want, and also any colour you want beyond what they offer.

Just for std colours they are still a custom order item, so seriously doubt Envy will have the wheels you want in stock. That is unless you are VERY lucky, for some reason (cancelled order or similar)

Thanks for everyones comments. I have e-mailed z1Auto but cannot contact stratusautodesign by e-mail. (Their link does not work). Have decided to do for 18" Rims. What offset should I go for?

Thanks for everyones comments. I have e-mailed z1Auto but cannot contact stratusautodesign by e-mail. (Their link does not work). Have decided to do for 18" Rims. What offset should I go for?

Tell us what you have recommended to you and we'll give you are two-penneth. Don't always trust a trader to steer you right on this one......

Tell us what you have recommended to you and we'll give you are two-penneth. Don't always trust a trader to steer you right on this one......

Thanks for the advice. I want to get this right as I cannot afford to make an expensive mistake. :help:

Things have gone quiet from Adam at z1auto. Said he would come back to me with offsets and costs. Sent a reminder e-mail but nothing as yet. Maybe he is on holiday. Never received a reply from Status :thumbdown:

That is the latest. Have tried some local contacts in Bristol. Let's see what they come up with. ;)

Things have gone quiet from Adam at z1auto. Said he would come back to me with offsets and costs. Sent a reminder e-mail but nothing as yet. Maybe he is on holiday. Never received a reply from Status :thumbdown:

That is the latest. Have tried some local contacts in Bristol. Let's see what they come up with. ;)

Have patience young wheel jedi.....

Sure he'll come back to you. think he's been inundated with requests from here to be honest! ;)

Status always take a couple of days minimum to respond. This is California we're talking about...:lol:

Tell me about it i am still waiting for a response to my email about cost of shipping on those Advan RS wheels. :dry:

Adam keeps on e-mailing me but no costings as yet :yawn:

Why don't you give him a call to discuss? Only 5 hours behind?

I did, a lot quicker to answer queries on phone than email! :thumbs:

I will wait for him to come back to me by e-mail. Will call him to finalise if the quote looks good. :thumbs: