About to purchase my 1st 350, whats your views on this car...

I paid £5000 for my black jdm just over a year ago.

Yes it's poverty spec, but that's hasn't taken anything away from it.

I personally dislike leather seats. Had them in my previous 2 cars and hated them. Much prefer the comfort of cloth.

Secondly, I change my wheels more than people have hot dinners. Had it a year and already looking for my 4th set, so having rays wasn't a big deal.

I've also been to nurburgring last year, done Mallory park, already planning this years ring trip and hopefully going to do donington park aswell.

Admittedly, i am looking to upgrade to brembos so there is a downside.

But for the price I paid, and condition of my car, I'm happy I bought a jdm poverty spec. I realised that the car is probably at its lowest depreciation point. If I had spend £7k+ on it, when I came to sell I would have lost a lot of money. So even if I lose £1000 on this, it won't bother me as much.

Don't be put off by jdm poverty spec just because some people look down on you due to a square number plate or good coloured calipers.

• Like 1

Luke0549 raises a fair point, only you know what you're prepared to spend, prepared to forgoe or indeed, totally must have in your Zed. Mines a 2003 JDM touring, has leather, had Bose, but no Brembo's etc

With regards to getting things sorted on the car I've been fortunate to be able to pick the brains of guys like ZMANALEX, Tarmac, Mark at Abbey, Jez at Horsham, Ben at Rarerims and ChilliRed (Sara) as well as others to tweak the car and its all been fun.

There's more stuff I want tto do but the important bit is that I was fundamentally happy with the car itself to begin with and that's key.

Happy hunting they're out there. May have a mates gm grey gt zed up for sale in the next few months.

Took me 6 months to find my zed so just take your time. Don't really matter about the spec it's about the one that makes you grin like an idiot.

Good luck and look forward to seeing what you find. :thumbs: