Number plate for sale

kris

As above the private plate on my Zed is coming off as I've got another one to put on instead. Would be good for a NA 300bhp zed like mine. The plate is N300 PSJ

I'm going to stick it on eBay or maybe from an online plate buyer however I will put it out to the forum for first dibs.

Plate is currently on my car so it would just be a case of filling out transfer paperwork, usually takes a few weeks tops. Or I would be happy to meet the buyer at my local DVLA office for a same day transfer.

I believe the DVLA reg transfer fee is £80 so I'm going to say £200 for the plate including fees. I'm waiting for it to be valued but I'm not holding out for anything more than that, however I could be pleasantly surprised!!

853142FD-23B9-454A-B102-B184478A356B-11401-000009C4B85325CF.jpg

Any questions feel free :)

Edited by kris

I've had the plate valued and I've been told its worth £350 as a trade in and it would then be advertised for £600 on the sales sites. With that I wouldn't have to pay the DVLA fees either. However it's now on eBay and would rather a smooth transaction with a forum member and my original price still stands :)

They would pay you £350 for it? If so bite their hand off! Usually when valuing plates they give you a figure of what they will give you when it sells rather than buy it out right.

They are never worth what you think but like you say ebay is your widest audience.

No that's what they will give me once its sold,

And thats the key... I tried to sell N13NJA for about 2 years with no interest, in the end I just let it expire and never bothered renewing the retention certificate. My mate just sold his private plate which was just one letter, one number then his initials - like A1 ABC style and he got 120quid on ebay for it. Unless its really special the 2nd hand market in plates is quite poor atm.

I sold one using google search. Just google the letters then e-mail the companies that pop up in the search. :)

Now thats a cracking idea actually! :thumbs:

No that's what they will give me once its sold,

And thats the key... I tried to sell N13NJA for about 2 years with no interest, in the end I just let it expire and never bothered renewing the retention certificate. My mate just sold his private plate which was just one letter, one number then his initials - like A1 ABC style and he got 120quid on ebay for it. Unless its really special the 2nd hand market in plates is quite poor atm.

I sold one using google search. Just google the letters then e-mail the companies that pop up in the search. :)

Now thats a cracking idea actually! :thumbs:

Your right, it's the kind of thing that is worth a lot to somebody, and naff all to most others!

I might try googling that reg, good idea!

All the N300 *** plates on the DVLA are £250 (Which I think is the lowest price bracket). http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/search/prefix?prefix=N&numbers=300&letter1=&letter2=&letter3=&action=prefix&pricefrom=0&priceto=&prefixmatches=11070&searched=true&openoption=yes&language=en&ajax=prefixupdate&start=0&sort=price&sortdir=desc

I can't see anyone buying it for more than £200... But I know nothing, so could be totally wrong! :shrug:

I'd prolly have to look for N279 BMT......on my NA Zed :p

Personal plates are exactly that, hence why my Zed is also sometimes called Pajama Yakuza PJ04YKZ :lol:

Funny that because my nick name is MLEZJ....

ML56EZJ

• 2 weeks later...
Did you pay anything for it?

Didn't pay anything for it in that sense, however it was built into the price of the car so you could argue that I did? Down to interpretation really.

I will take pretty much any offer on this plus DVLA fees.