Headlight question...

benjy88

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, and I suspect it's been asked before - but at the moment i have a 54 plate zed and the headlights are atrocious. Like oil lamps.

Previously I asked about it, and was pointed towards a thread regarding adjustment of the bulb levels. Unfortunately the MOT lads at work had a look and found that they were on exactly the right level, but no kick-up whatsoever.

My question is:

Can you take out the entire headlight unit and replace with the later model bi-zenon units? Obviously it's not going to be cheap, but at the moment, that'd be worth whatever the cost is.

Because (and I'm not exaggerating) I can't see which lane I'm in on the A27 on the way home at night. Which doesn't fill me with confidence. (as you'd probably guess)

Any advice on this one would be mucho appreciated!

Cheers

B.

The headlights are ever so slightly cloudy, but not near enough to cause the sort of issues I've got at night. As I said, the technicians at work said the lights have no kickup at all... which is half the problem anyway. (No distance on the lights)

You could always put 100w bulbs in the hi beam and raise the low beam.

Worked for me until I find 2007 lights at a reasonable price and has passed an MOT with no issues although was told the dipped beam was on the top limit!

+1 And to be honest, the 2007+ lights are much better, but not amazing. I found mine still a little poor when driving on a country road at night