Dealers I ask yer!

ace

Looking at getting a 370z very shortly so I thought I would test drive an automatic/paddle shift as I have been thinking about these for a long while. So went to my nearest Nissan Dealer which is Romford they sell not only the 370 but had a stock of GTR's as well so you would think they knew what they were talking about. As I wanted a used 370 they directed me to the used car forecourt where they had 2 370's a 60 plate Silver Auto and a 10 plate Black LTD edition again in auto. A young salesman jumped on me as soon as I looked into the window of one of them with his sale patter :yawn: would you like a test drive sir, yes i would so I chose the LTD edition one only 13000 miles on her. While we done a bit of form filling 3 sales staff were in the office all telling me how great these cars were but none of them new the difference of the LTD version and the other one next to it so I should have sussed these guys new nothing about the 370 between them. Anyway I took the car out with my salesman in tow and got onto the A12 a nice stretch of road I could try out the paddle shift on but he did not have a clue how or if it should be activated.

So while I had the car in 'D' I held the plus+ paddle shift slightly and it engaged the paddle shifts but on pressing the throttle as the car got to higher revs it changed on it's own before I could use the paddles so what was I doing wrong or will the gearbox override the paddle system if it thinks the gear needs changing.

Edited by ace

I don't know but I think Ebized may have had a demo auto car. That really is shocking, it just goes to show how little pride some of these dealerships and their sales people have!!! :rant: Glad you appear to be sticking around though :wink:

Greatly annoys me when they know nothing as well if I was selling a car I'd want to know how everything works.

Many moons ago I took a seat ibiza for a spin and the salesman didn't even know how to unlock the doors from the inside I had to show him! :angry:

When we bought Caroline's roadster from the main dealer in Chester (Lookers) not a single member of the sales staff, including the sales manager (who had a 370Z) knew how to get the roof down. They had to go and get a mechanic in the end.

Pete

So while I had the car in 'D' I held the plus+ paddle shift slightly and it engaged the paddle shifts but on pressing the throttle as the car got to higher revs it changed on it's own before I could use the paddles so what was I doing wrong or will the gearbox override the paddle system if it thinks the gear needs changing.

With D selected the paddles still allow you to go into manual mode, it soon goes back into D on it's own though unless you've got your foot to the floor. If you move the gear stick to the right then it stays in manual mode.

aah I see, I did not have it in the manual mode on the gear selecter I was wondering as my friend has an Audi A3 with paddle shift and his does the same but they have a 'Sport' button when pressed the paddles holds the gears until another is selected

So I have been looking around and confused with something I remember when the 370 was launched in 2009 I saw one in a dealers in Yellow with the 370z decals down the sides I thought these were a limited number in Yellow but it seems they brought out the Limited Edition models in 2010. I'm wondering why I'm finding quite a lot of the so called limited Editions for sale yet the Yellow model seems that bit harder to find.

Because there are way too many "Limited Editions"

I think a lot of people were not keen on the shade of yellow on the 370 after the gorgeous Ultra Yellow of the 350.

And that the decal down the side was too big, plus 'we' all know it's a 370.

Just my 2p. :shrug:

Because there are way too many "Limited Editions"

I think a lot of people were not keen on the shade of yellow on the 370 after the gorgeous Ultra Yellow of the 350.

And that the decal down the side was too big, plus 'we' all know it's a 370.

Just my 2p. :shrug:

Ultra Yellow was gorgeous, and there's nothing wrong with the latest one on the 370. Would be happy having either in the garage.

If I remember rightly there were only 370 of the Black / Quartz "Black Edition" cars released across Europe. There do always appear to be one or two for sale here though. When I decided I wanted one it only took a few weeks of looking to find the right one. There was also the GT Ultimate in 2009 which I think was basically a GT pack with the addition of a tan/orange interior.

well as you may of gathered I'm in the market for a 370 I test drove a Black LTD edition 10 plate auto on Saturday my first impression it was a lot quicker than my 350 roadster but I was also surprised of the amount of road noise from the rear more than my old roadster with it's soft top :shrug: I did check the rear tyres when I got out the car to see if they were worn (nope). I'm also going to book a test drive of the manuel with the blip throttle as I really would like to compare my old 350 gearbox and the 370 when selecting up into gear as my low milage 350 was not very nice from 1st to 2nd after seeing how it drives I will then decide if I'm going for an auto or manuel.

I have found 5 limited editions for sale on the internet this week along but the Yellow does seem that bit more rare maybe because they only produced the colour for a short period I have also noticed most of the people selling there 370's don't know if they have the Ulitimate Pack when I have asked about it as some had the pack but with Black seat not the Orange.

If I remember rightly there were only 370 of the Black / Quartz "Black Edition" cars released across Europe. There do always appear to be one or two for sale here though. When I decided I wanted one it only took a few weeks of looking to find the right one. There was also the GT Ultimate in 2009 which I think was basically a GT pack with the addition of a tan/orange interior.

I see you have had both cars did you or have you an auto or manuel?

I have an old edition 370 brochure and it states the GT ULTIMATE Extras. Persimmon Suede Seats and door trim

Intergrated Satellite Navigation System

Options

Scratch Shield metallic or Pearl paint

7 speed Transmission with magnesium paddle shift

So looking in the brochure all the extras were avalable on the GT but the Persimmon trim.

I see you have had both cars did you or have you an auto or manuel?

I have an old edition 370 brochure and it states the GT ULTIMATE Extras. Persimmon Suede Seats and door trim

Intergrated Satellite Navigation System

Options

Scratch Shield metallic or Pearl paint

7 speed Transmission with magnesium paddle shift

So looking in the brochure all the extras were avalable on the GT but the Persimmon trim.

Both mine have been manual. The synchro rev match is great especially if you change the stock exhaust - sounds awesome on the down-shifts. The only real difference with the Gt Ultimate was the interior trim (mine was white with orange trim) I think the GT Ultimate was discontinued in 2009. The 370 is known for quite a bit of road noise in the cabin. Doesn't bother me but I believe you can mitigate it to some extent by changing to different tyres than the Bridgestones. Good luck finding your next Z.