Alarm going off randomly.

*Benj*

Hi,

I have an 04 GT. This morning the alarm has started going off 5-10 minutes after locking the car with the fob. This happens every time I un-lock and lock the car. I have ensured all doors, windows, boot and bonnet are shut correctly and wiped the contact switches for the doors and bonnet. The volt meter in the car states 12v still. The weather is wet and quite windy.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Many thanks.

It just did it whilst their was very little wind. I've checked for bugs etc, and shut the vents. Still did it. For the moment I've had to open the car with the fob, then lock the doors with the internal central locking switch on the internal door card, and shut the doors. All the doors and boot are locked. It's a strange one.

You would have noticed the dash light on (when in the car ) if a door or the boot was not shutting - I guess?

But I wonder if the fob battery is low and the signal is not doing its full job when you say the alarm goes off when you "un-lock and lock the car" ?

(I have no idea about alarm electronics BTW, but from your description........... :shrug: )

You would have noticed the dash light on (when in the car ) if a door or the boot was not shutting - I guess?

But I wonder if the fob battery is low and the signal is not doing its full job when you say the alarm goes off when you "un-lock and lock the car" ?

(I have no idea about alarm electronics BTW, but from your description........... :shrug: )

That's what I meant when I said check the switches :)

Had it up to the garage. It would seem the internal side of the roof is gathering condensation which has been dripping onto the ultrasonic internals making it short, setting off the alarm. Anyone got a second hand one for sale? Lol.

• 3 weeks later...