White Zeds? - What do you think?

Ross Mac

I've been stepping up the search for my first Z as my 25th birthday approaches (being 25 drops the insurance quote by over £170!!) and I'm being more and more drawn towards the pearl white imported ones :D

I thought I'd decided to hang on for an early UK spec as opposed to going down the import route but the draw of a white Z is getting strong!! They look great on the auction sites and the picture of the nismo tuned one that was posted on here recently has really got me thinking now...

Do you think from a resale point of view a white one would be a nightmare to shift or would the 'rareness' of the colour be a blessing?

Would I be better going for my first option of a grey or black uk car instead??

Any pics that you have of white Zeds would be great!!

Guest prescience

White looks all wrong to me - mind you, not a fan of white cars per se. It has rarity, but that's about it IMO, I would tire of it very quickly

Guest prescience
White looks all wrong to me - mind you, not a fan of white cars per se. It has rarity, but that's about it IMO, I would tire of it very quickly

I'd tire of washing it pretty quickly! :surrender:

Must admit washing was one thing I did way too much of .... :p

Far more than any other car I've owned

The washing thing is one of the things stopping me I must admit - I've always had dark cars in the past so white would be a big change.

My dad had a white audi a few years back and it seemed to hide the dirt ok?

I guess you wouldnt know until you got one...

The washing thing is one of the things stopping me I must admit - I've always had dark cars in the past so white would be a big change.

My dad had a white audi a few years back and it seemed to hide the dirt ok?

I guess you wouldnt know until you got one...

I have had 3 white cars, 2 Opel Manta GTE'S and a Bmw535i Sport and they have been no worse than any other colour i have had to clean :thumbs:

Guest prescience
The white cars I have had in the past always seem to be clean, even when they were dirty (if you know what I mean ;) )

No

Personally I hate white cars.

I think the zed looks pretty crap in white as well.

Just can't imagine getting a decent shine on a white car. Admittedly I've not seen a white zed in the flesh so I'm open to be persuaded. Also this one looks pretty good:

whiteV2.jpg

It would be worth having the white for the uniqueness...can't be more than 6(?) in the country.

As far as the cleaning is concerned you might have to hose it down during the week to keep it Colgate :teeth::teeth::teeth:

I think that white is the best colour for a Zed, it looks awesome :thumbs: . It wouldn't be worse than any other colour to keep clean, apart from black which is the best colour when shiney, but the worst when dirty. My old 2004 Kuro black Zed was by far the hardest car to keep clean I've ever owned. It stayed clean for about 5mins.

White would also hide the numerous stone chips that you will no doubt accumulate. :thumbdown:

Go for white. :thumbs:

I think that white is the best colour for a Zed, it looks awesome :thumbs: . It wouldn't be worse than any other colour to keep clean, apart from black which is the best colour when shiney, but the worst when dirty. My old 2004 Kuro black Zed was by far the hardest car to keep clean I've ever owned. It stayed clean for about 5mins.

White would also hide the numerous stone chips that you will no doubt accumulate. :thumbdown:

Go for white. :thumbs:

I agree, and as I've said on other threads, if white had been available in the UK when I bought mine, that would have been my colour choice.

Guest prescience
The white cars I have had in the past always seem to be clean, even when they were dirty (if you know what I mean ;) )

No

Use your imagination Dorian :surrender:

Working ...... Working ...........

Yes

The pic. that sarnie posted does look OK in white (from that angle)

Quite a few fans of white on here then!! :thumbs:

I'll search the web for some other pics of white ones and attempt to persuade the other half that white will be a good choice :D - she wants to get either a red or a grey one....

Is it true that there are only 6 white ones in the country??

Yeah - spoken to Jurgen from JM Imports today already about sourcing me one :teeth:

A bit off topic but are all manual Zed's - including the JDM's all 6 speed? Just that Jurgen asked if it was a 6 speed I wanted? Is the other alternative a 5 speed on earlier / lower spec cars or am I getting mixed up??

If you would like to see a white Z in the flesh you are more than welcome to come look at mine. I am still hoping to get to the Wales drive out on the 15th but can’t commit yet. I have just purchased a Nismo V2 kit from Mark Brinster and I am hoping to start the fitting on Wednesday plus the flex in my Nismo exhaust has collapsed and is not much fun to drive at the moment. :thumbdown: