Friendly advice

nixy

My husband was given some friendly advice this week from a chap at work who as it turns out is a 350z owner. He said I hear your wife is buying one? Is she a good driver? He apparently spun his 360 degrees coming off a slip road in dry conditions and thought he'd offer a friendly warning. Cheers!! :dry:

Mm, makes you wonder. Surely whatever your driving you don't just spin for no reason on a dry surface. Wonder if he's a member on here..........

Thats potentially what makes you a better driver than him, you understand the reasons it happens.

He is incinuating that as he did it, you will too, as being female, you obviously arent as good a driver as him :angry:

It doesnt half p*ss me off when people assume women are crap drivers. Out of all my mates, ther are only two I would let drive my cars, one is my best mate who used to race cars and anther is my GF. Ok so shes no Schumacher but she is still a very good driver, better than those who have much more powerful cars.

If he spun his 350z in the dry he was obviously driving very stupidly, i have had mine a year now and find it totally safe, i drive quite quickly most of the time, its quite forgiving and i have never felt i have taken the car close to the limit once. :thumbs:

Any rear wheel drive car with lots of power will end up facing the wrong way on a road if you push it too far at the wrong time Nixy. However, don't let this fool scare you from buying one. I'm sure you are intelligent enough to know when to drive carefully and when its ok to push it that bit more.....

I have had an S2000 and a 200SX before the Z. All rear wheel and all with enough power to bite your head off if pushed too far. I'm a decent enough driver and can say I have had the odd hairy moment but nothing too dodgy. Basically you will be fine if your sensible....

I will guarantee you this though, once you have rear wheel, you will never go back to front wheel drive. It makes you a better driver and you have picked a great motor in the Z. All these quality chaps on here will no doubt agree with me.

Whats the latest on yours??? is it still on the boat passing through the Panama???

Can't understand it in the dry unless he hit maybe some oil or possibly fuel?

There seems to be a misunderstanding with some owners that this car is some sort of hotrod with 1000bhp+. It isn't going to spin 360 degrees in the dry without you being very, very, very silly.

Worry not nixy, methinks there's more to this story than the guy is letting on.

Ok, know your sitting with a sore leg Nixy (get well soon btw) but don't be worried by this.

My wife drove my CTR and now drives our 350Z, not an issue. The rear has kicked out once when she was driving it and that was on a roundabout, in the wet, with one rear tyre that needed replaced...the electronics soon sorted her out. :thumbs:

Frankly if this guy has spun it in the dry he must have been wellying it or there has been oil on the road.

Can't understand it in the dry unless he hit maybe some oil or possibly fuel?

There seems to be a misunderstanding with some owners that this car is some sort of hotrod with 1000bhp+. It isn't going to spin 360 degrees in the dry without you being very, very, very silly.

Worry not nixy, methinks there's more to this story than the guy is letting on.

+1

...and more of a 'bragging' type of thing.

I certainly wouldnt brag about spinning my car, but hey, whatever floats your boat! I'd got with hes having you on as he doesnt think a woman should be driving such a car! You should get him on the track and whoop his arse :thumbs: