The Best Money Ever spent on a Zed!

D4V3 GT4

Yeah the swirls have been there a while Rob, my own fault really, being lazy and taking it to the car wash, (never again)

I've not tried Collinite? I'll have to give it a whirl.

No I don't think the P21s has made the swirls any worse, and I alwaya apply and take off in lines rather than a circular motion!

I honestly believe the swirls are on the car as stock from Nissan. That could be down to how they wash or polish it when it arrives in the country as new Z's in the dealers have swirls.

Going to pay to have mine removed.

Guy

Have you tried either Victoria Concourse Wax or Collinite 915 as a comparison to P21s?

Rob, wheres a good place to get these from?

I think I'm going to try something else next after the Meguairs NXT Tech Wax and Step 3 Wax goes.......

Any particular one that will be best on the Azure, considering its not that dark etc?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/cat_4.html

Yeah your right Guy, I remember mine already having swirls when I picked her up!

It wasn't one of those drive through jobbies Sarnie, it was one of those hand jobs (no pun intended)

Just took it a couple times to many!

And that soap they use is REALLY bad for your piant, it strips any wax you have off, nasty @*!#!

Won't be going again, I'd rather drive around dirty for a while longer until I can do it myself!

I've been toying with the idea of opening my own carwash, like a Meguires franchise, there must be loads of people like us, with decent motors who would pay and extra £5 a wash, and have a proper on site detailing area? Sorry talking @*!#!

:yawn:

It wasn't one of those drive through jobbies Sarnie, it was one of those hand jobs (no pun intended)

And that soap they use is REALLY bad for your piant, it strips any wax you have off, nasty @*!#!

Almost as bad :surrender:

You took it to one of those dodgy side of the road jobbies?? The ones where they drop the sponges on the floor and then scrap it over your paint, or drap the hose over your bonnet and scratch your car with the zips on their shellsuits :wacko:

Almost as bad :surrender:

You took it to one of those dodgy side of the road jobbies?? The ones where they drop the sponges on the floor and then scrap it over your paint, or drap the hose over your bonnet and scratch your car with the zips on their shellsuits :wacko:

that's the one, you been there as well then Sarnie, never again mate!!!!

Chaps, if you are interested in P21S try getting the kit if you havent tried it before. On the Leon Cupra boards, I got a kit for £35 which inc wax, polish, wheel cleaner, shampoo and applicator pads. With the wax costing £20, its not much more and gives you more products to play with. Sorry no direct link though, this was a while ago.

That reminds me, if people are getting swirls from P21S wax, it may be the applicator pad causing it. It doesnt seem the softest thing in the world if people arent gentle with it. My Leon has had no problems with it as I've had it from new and cant see many swirls.

'Safely' is an intersting comment. The only way to get rid of them is to remove a layer of paint. As a result you have to be careful that you don't take off too much paint.

By hand its VERY hard to do as it requires quite a bit of effort. A lot of peope find that using some glazes cover them up (all be it temporarily).

My machine is the normal method although as mentioned you need to be careful.

That's what I thought you would say. So it really has to be done with a polisher?

I have a cheapo polisher from Halfrauds - when I tried it on a previous car I was not really impressed with the results. I take it nobody would advise trying it for this sort of job.