lights on dash, car won't start

taffyjason

HI again everyone,

Im back from the middle east, i phoned my friends up who were looking after my zed, only to find out they couldnt start it today, they told me various lights appeared on the dash and it wouldnt turn over, they suggest its the mad wet weather....my car hasnt suffered before....any suggestions? im going to see it tomorrow......gutted i have no car ive been missing so much in Afghanistan

HI again everyone,

Im back from the middle east, i phoned my friends up who were looking after my zed, only to find out they couldnt start it today, they told me various lights appeared on the dash and it wouldnt turn over, they suggest its the mad wet weather....my car hasnt suffered before....any suggestions? im going to see it tomorrow......gutted i have no car ive been missing so much in Afghanistan

Hey, glad to have you back! Let me know if you need anything. I'm voting for just a low battery as well. Now that you're back we'll have to have that meet that never happened.

Very much sounds like the battery to me.

With all due respect to your friends though, surely people are capable of figuring out pretty quickly if it's the battery that is dead, especially considering there's a voltage gauge on the car?

Very much sounds like the battery to me.

With all due respect to your friends though, surely people are capable of figuring out pretty quickly if it's the battery that is dead, especially considering there's a voltage gauge on the car?

You'd be surprised at how many people don't even know what a voltmeter is. I know my friends certainly don't haha.

I agree with 350AD, when away my dad used to let the engine on the Z run for 10 mins or so every day. But that wasn't enough to keep the battery fully charged. It does require decent run ever so often to have the battery in best working condition.

thanks for the welcome back messages

The car was jump started ok, everything seemed fine, then i noticed wheel spin in the wet and no traction control kicking in, you can select it off or on, but it doesnt seem to actually do anything. Is this a feature of the car losing battery power? do i need the ECU reading or resetting?

CHeers all