everyone's help needed asap...

lee-j-c-2012

i know this is a very random first post but i need everyone's help...

basically my dad was scammed out of £3000 through ebay by a scammer being convinced he was buying a V-max trike which when it come to delivery day it never turned up and the guy didnt reply to e-mails, now in the past the guy has also tried to sell a 350z, trike, mg tf, splitscreen camper, and today searching through ebay i come across this http://www.ebay.co.u...d=p5197.c0.m619 , my question is... is this anyone's on here if so i wanted to make you aware but also please do not report the listing as i am trying to make contact with the guy to find out if it is a scammer and possibly the same one operating under a different name, also can i ask if anyone would be willing to message them regarding more information about the car etc

thank you in advance for any help and once again sorry about the random first post

Edited by lee-j-c-2012

sadly not, he used a chaps at the bank believing it to be the real deal and sadly turned out not to be, just goes to show how easily people can be convinced into something and especially when he was at the lowest point in life after loosing my mum 5 months ago to pneumonia, talk about kicking someone while there down

Sorry to hear this bud, personally i would inform the police. We had something like this on the Celica forum and as a group we managed to track the guy down.

He had to pay everyone back individually over a set time period and serve community service.

Good luck!

I would certainly contact the police instead of tracking him solely on your own. My in laws did something similar a few years ago and the police worked with them to track the con man down.

Some people out there are scum, I just don't understand how these people can bring themselves to do something like this.

Just looking at that advert shows it's a scam. It's easily 4-5k too cheap, with a first time eBay account. It's not even clever.

Edited by Aliensurfer

the police have already been informed and the fraud department are looking into it, they have the bank account details of the guy who done it but from what i noticed he uses 2 different accounts, maybe one he transfers to, i also want to track him down aswell and hopefully meet him before the police do, hopefully something comes from it

cheers lee

This is dreadful, over and above the sad circumstances, I know most people really put thier hearts into buying a new car, especially one of the nature of the 350z. Its a worst nightmare case, when you think all is well and then learn you may have been scammed.

Its often hard to spot the bad ones until its virtually too late.

I sincerely hope you manage to track this guy down and then get given 15 minutes in a police interview room with him, so that you can cut his nuts of and staple them to his ears!

I also agree with the above posts, get the police involed, get everyone that is involved, involved, including Ebay - Even if only doing so, helps stop others getting equally scammed in the future.

Best wishes and hoping for a positive outcome

A while back there was a ferrari 355 with a front end smash on ebay

They wanted £2500 for it.

Now as the engine alone is £10k we gave them a ring,

A forieigner answered and said he would accept Western Umion.

We said that we will come to him and pay cash.

He then said that the car was in France and would be shipped out next week.

How fortunate said we. We are also just out of Paris so could take a trip over there and then.

Dam add disapeared within 10 mins:(

there everywhere the scamming ****s,

well my dad contacted the fraud department again and gave the other bank details and he was advised not to try and contact the scammer in any way possible as they will be able to trace him through the bank accounts and they also said that they think they may have had reports of this guy in the past,

fingers crossed they catch and lock up the scum before he rips someone else off,

thats all for now and ill keep you up to date with what else is said from the fraud department

cheers lee