Internet Reviews

ioneabee

i keep looking at buying a microsoft surface tablet, but the reviews are so mixed. difficult to remove the fan boys from the equation and get fact from fiction. I know it has its weakness but for what i want it for i think it will be fine. that and i like the windows setup and it will link it with my desktop and xbox.

ho hum

i keep looking at buying a microsoft surface tablet, but the reviews are so mixed. difficult to remove the fan boys from the equation and get fact from fiction. I know it has its weakness but for what i want it for i think it will be fine. that and i like the windows setup and it will link it with my desktop and xbox.

ho hum

You will hate the keyboard as soon as you try to type a sentance. I went to Gadget Show Live and was quite looking forward to having a go on one until I tried to type something. Rest of it works ok, still prefer my original iPad to it though, but then I'm used to it. I do like the tiles on W8 being live and able to make them bigger and smaller. Doesnt seem very intuitive though.

Only place you seem to be able to buy from is direct from Microsoft or amazon. No shop sells them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Id go for amazon then, I think their returns policy is pretty good if they supply it.

amazon are about £50 more expensive than direct from microsoft. have looked at other alternatives, but they are all even more expensive. the Dell 10 is about £620, the pro versions when they come out in jan will be twice as much as the surface RT. lenovo and other ones start at about £800. becuase they are all basically laptops.

Just what proportion of product reviews (say on Amazon) have been written by the vendor ?

99.9% :shrug:

I have seen a lot of products on amazon where it has 1-2 stars and people say don't buy it, it's crap. Those reviews remain so I think they could be pretty trust worthy.

Just what proportion of product reviews (say on Amazon) have been written by the vendor ?

99.9% :shrug:

I have seen a lot of products on amazon where it has 1-2 stars and people say don't buy it, it's crap. Those reviews remain so I think they could be pretty trust worthy.

I'm tending to agree - discount the ones that give it 5 stars (unless there's loads and only 1 or 2 negatives) - could depend on the proportion - if its going say 50/50, I thinking ignore the top 50 and read the bottom 50 :shrug: