traffic light incident

urabus

so i was on my way home late saturday night......

stopped at the lights, i always look at the rear view to see what's behind me....this time there was a vw minibus. after he stopped, i turned my attention to the lights, next thing i know he bumped me......it was dark, no other cars around, i wasn't sure if the driver was just drunk/did it on pourpose/i'm sure i've heard hijack stories like this (crime is a problem in ZA)?????? so i just drove off (lights still red).

what would you have done????

3 dings in the bumper R1k (GBP80) to fix.......only if i'm hardcore like chuck norris, i would have kung fu'ed his/their a$$es.......

Nightmare mate. :scare: You did the right thing in my book.

I read an article once where car owners in Jo'burg had fitted flamethrowers at each door (under the car) because carjacking had become such an problem. I'm not saying that Durban is in the same league as Jo'burg when it comes to crime, but I just thought it was drastic measures to have to take!! :scare:

Under that sort of threat I guess you did the right thing.

I presume you didn't get the licence plate? But to get it you could have floored it, pulled a 180 (B) and checked the licence plate on the rear. Then reported it.

Unless your clutch disappeared. :D

Under that sort of threat I guess you did the right thing.

I presume you didn't get the licence plate? But to get it you could have floored it, pulled a 180 (B) and checked the licence plate on the rear. Then reported it.

Unless your clutch disappeared. :D

:lol: ...sorry