Exhaust Headers - Stillen or not bother?

350Chris

I have been doing some investigation on exhaust headers and quite like the look of the Stillens (as they would match the rest of the system)

Very few people on here seem to have ever changed headers - except for TT - is that because the effort outweighs the gains or for some other reason?

My future plans include a super charger and a Cosworth plenum - so if there is benefit to the headers then I will...if not, then I won't - Simples! :p

Budget 10 hours labour & then decide if you think its worth it ;)

IMO it is worthwhile doing, my car gained 12hp untuned with a set of DC headers fitted. Most people tend to not bother due to the high labour costs but the cost of headers+install is no more than the cost of a decent exhaust setup.

Theres also a very good reason why those with TT kits have had to change the headers but I'll let you figure that out yourself..............

I have done my headers went stillen (Ceramic coated) from Mr Tarmac above :thumbs:

Dunno how much they added as I did a fair few other things at the same time.

They took 20 minutes to fit as the engine was already out (well hadn't gone in) thats the problem with them - it's easier to take the engine out than change them with it in :scare:

I am resigned to the fact that I will probably pull the engine to fit them, I am no stranger to spanners and I have made peace with that already :lol:

The problem I have with that is that will be the temptation to do more while its out...very slippery slope!

12hp gains are reasonable in the grand scheme of things and will support the future package nicely.

@keyser or tarmac - are the ceramic stillens mild or stainless?

Edited by 350Chris

Budget 10 hours labour &amp

Theres also a very good reason why those with TT kits have had to change the headers but I'll let you figure that out yourself..............

Cheers Ian,

My original post was poorly worded, appreciate the need for header swap and additional flange to go TT