What's quicker?

mini

Ouch!!!! That's got to be stupidly quick!

The one I was following was in good shape with a tidy body kit, but when he put his foot down he couldn't loose me.

Saying that maybe his brass pendulums weren't as big as his exhaust!!! :teeth:

Ouch!!!! That's got to be stupidly quick!

The one I was following was in good shape with a tidy body kit, but when he put his foot down he couldn't loose me.

Saying that maybe his brass pendulums weren't as big as his exhaust!!! :teeth:

Possibly a non turbo then? A TT would kill a Zed if it had a few simple mods

Before I got my Zed I was gonna get a TT Supra, I was in the middle of ordering it through total imports and was gonna spend ££££ on it to make it look exactly like this:

1-soc-supra.jpg

everything the same, wheels bodykit e.t.c, and about 350bhp pushin with few mods. Only thing is, the car would of been 13 years old and although its quicker the headaches I would of had with it, something was bound to fail and go wrong with it considering the age. So when the Z came up I immediatly jumped ship and havent looked back. May not be quicker, but my goodness, it certainly has the feel of look of a fantastic car :thumbs::yahoo::thumbs: + not forgetting the great Z community ;):yahoo:

Was following a moded Supra on the mototrway earlier today, he nailed it so I followed (as you do). It was quick, but not quick enough.....So.....

What do you recon????

What's quicker?

a fully moded Supra would eat a Zed for breakfast :blush:

like this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-TOP- ... dZViewItem

5342_12.JPG

it wouldn't eat a fully modded Z for breakfast though. It's only fair to compare similar engines and mods tbh.

a NA Supra, for example is well slower than a NA Z.

A TT Supra (standard) is a bit quicker than a NA Z.

A TT Modded supra (which we all know can range to all sorts of HP, but which is the ceiling for driveability? they are RWD like the Z) would be similarly fast to a TT modded Z (same reasoning about BHP ceiling to make it driveable though.

Then if you are talking about dyno queen status, the Supras have been known to pass the 1000bhp mark on dynos, but they have been out for decades (ie tuning companies have had longer to research and develop), and I'm quite sure the Z will reach that mark soon too (considering it's at the 855bhp right now)

Guest prescience

It's an weird expression isn't it 'eat it for breakfast', why not 'have it large with elevenses' or 'take it apart after a nice cup of tea and cucumber sandwiches'

... English language I guess :wacko:

Guest prescience
:lol: cucumber sarnies - love it!

Yes, perhaps that was a bit misjudged since quite clearly a victory by 'a sarnie cucumber' would be a very narrow one indeed, in racing parlance, 'a short head'

The driveability thing is a very good point. I've had literally dozens of Supras in all stages of tune. Once you get much past a genuine 400-ish bhp they start to become a bit of a handful, especially in the wet. The standard traction control is quite slow to kick in and you can easily have the car half way through a hedge before it tries to help you out.

I had one running a big Single and claiming 550bhp and it was mighty quick when it found grip but it was a total liability on the twisties. They are much better to drive on twisty roads with a fair bit less power.

A standard Uk Supra ( ie Twin Turbo ) is quite a bit quicker than a standard Z, especially in the mid range where the Turbos deliver the most benefit but you have to bear in mind the Supra was a £40k car when new - and that was over 10 years ago - so it makes the Z a total bargain !

I'm still hoping Nissan will bring out a 350 bhp Turbo version of the Z because the chassis can handle it...

on my way to Donny on Sunday I had the pleasure to play with a GTR that had definitely been tinkered with, on the "usual private road".

I thought I'd get absolutely killed, and I did, :lol: but not as much as I thought I'd be.

Wasn't from a standing start, but let's just say it pulled away at least 4 car lenghts rather easily, but getting to a certain speed, it wouldn't lose me any more.

And yes, we were going rather fast :ninja:

Lined up later on and we gave each other the :thumbs:

His reg was XAndy or similar, very nice GTR too.