Running Rich

garygttdi

Heavily modified 350 GT (Abbey) been told car is running rich, certainly exhaust would back this up as like others I clean it and with minutes it’s black again. Could this be the MAF if so can they be cleaned adjusted or should I just get a new one and get it fitted, Zamalex maybe? :surrender:

How do you know it is definitely running rich other than black tail pipes?

When you say heavily modified 350GT trying to think of a big build we have done on a 350GT , except a S/C tune 3 or so years ago.

just found out what car you now own, 350Z GT model,

Could be AFM but this will normally cause a CEL to be thrown up.

Also could be a pre cat lambda sensor going open circuit.

This car is tuned for power so it will blacken the tail pipes.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark et-all,

Yes you are correct it’s the car that you guys rebuilt the engine on from the crank up. It’s now living down in the West Country down in Devon so bringing it up to you guys would be a hike. Took the car to Alan Jeffries “The engine Tuner†down in Plymouth. He was full of praise for the car although a Subaru man really, he just commented that it appeared to running a bit rich. Personally I find its fine, so think I will leave it alone no warning lights etc.

Would love to talk to you guys about supercharging just not certain I can justify the £6-7 K price tag or am I coming up sort even on those numbers ?

Thanks for replies guys.

So it hasn't been run on a dyno top read the AFR just a comment from someone.

As I said we run that car a little rich top end for power/torque.

Yes I am afraid S/C is still the same sort of £'s and that car you have has very high compression ratio so it doesnt really lend itself to F/I I am afraid, I can be done but the gains wont be as good as a stock compression ratio car fitted with a S/C.