Another Engine "KNOCKING" thread VIDEO ADDED 15/11/2012

rodgeevans

After searching the forums and online i cannot find anything that matches my symptoms.

On tick over the engine sounds fine.

However when accelerating at around 2500-3000 rpm there is a knocking noise that occurs after this it is not present from what i can hear, i cannot tell if it is something loose, something knocking against something else, engine knock, standard spark knock or just flywheel chatter. i have removed the strut bar air box engine cover to see if this stopped it but no joy i have felt the fuel pressure reg for pulsing and cant say i noticed it pulsing and i have checked oil.

I have fitted a plenum spacer

vs stack mod

ultra lightweight flywheel

Exeddy clutch

Up rev

and always run on premium

any suggestions am i worrying over nothing, do others have this with anything i have fitted.

Edited by rodgeevans

So that's what a (nearly) full fuel gauge looks like!

Noise doesn't sound good, but I don't think it could be internals just in that specific rev range. I take it oil pressure is still fine?

Hopefully a heatshield or similar resonating. You really need to pin down the location of the noise as difficult as that is if it only occurs while moving.

Cheers guys, yeah the only way i can think to pin down the area of the noise is putting it on a rolling road it sounds like it coming from front N/S which is why i removed airbox and put a cone on it it to check, well i hope you guys are right and its not internals i was convinced it was the engine knocking on the strut bar due to the plenum spacer but then i removed that and the noise was still there im really puzzled.

So that's what a (nearly) full fuel gauge looks like!

Noise doesn't sound good, but I don't think it could be internals just in that specific rev range. I take it oil pressure is still fine?

Hopefully a heatshield or similar resonating. You really need to pin down the location of the noise as difficult as that is if it only occurs while moving.

Lol this is actually how mine looks when full another strange one

27092011547.jpg

:wacko: what are you saying is strange with your fuel guage?

If its the fact it's gone past the full mark - that was the same on both my previous 350's

Oh right i had asked in the past and no one seemed to have seen it before or maybe not that extreme, maybe they just dont fill up the tank, i think i was even accused of doctoring the photo at one point by someone. but least it just not me.

yeah to be honnest the car seems fine, its just annoying, and obviously if it was anything serious best to fix it early before the cost of repairing it goes thru the roof. and would rather work out what it is before splashing cash on more parts, tyres and paint