Gtechniq - thumbs up

RobPhoboS

I just wanted to say I'm thoroughly impressed with the couple of products I've bought by this company, at the moment C4 (not the explosive), and G1/G2.

The glass kit was something I've wanted to try out for a while, and you definitely need to prep the car properly first of all, so watch their video to avoid disappointment.

Although I need to fit some new wipers, I rubbed them down with IPA and upon first use this morning zero juddering and the water just rolled away. The rear screen also had cleared itself after a couple of mins (so after a few weeks I'll have a better idea if it's worth removing the rear wiper), so I'm impressed thus far.

Obviously it's only been a couple of days with the C4 applied to plastic but it all looks like new, and was very easy to apply once again.

I'll be ordering a few more bits from them in due course but much like Bilt Hamber stuff, I like it and it works :)

Certainly good reviews but i am at a loss to understand how it can be applied in 20mins then bond to the paintwork if old wax is not stripped off first,

Yeah - I only use it when I've give the car a really good clean + removal of existing wax etc.

Certainly good reviews but i am at a loss to understand how it can be applied in 20mins then bond to the paintwork if old wax is not stripped off first,

I'm pretty sure you remove everything from the surface if you're going to use EXO.

Application instructions

• Perfect the surface to be coated
  • Degrease the surface using silicon remover (panel wipe)
  • Ensure the surface is >20C prior to application
  • For gloss or hard non absorbent matte surfaces spray product onto a MF1 cloth, spread, remove residue with a second MF1 cloth and repeat 20 minutes later to the same area
  • For absorbent finishes such as stone or fabric ensure surfaces are very dry and spray directly onto the surface using the mist setting ensuring full saturation
  • Allow 48 hours for the coating to fully cure before wetting

I'll consider doing it at a friends purpose built workshop in Sevenoaks but I think it wouldn't be advisable outside now.