Suitable Axle Stands for use with 350z

oasisniall

The biggest problem i've had with axle stands is regarding the feet. I spent a few grand getting my drive tarmacked earlier this year replacing my paved driveway. The axle stands i used had feet that were just an extension of the angle steel used for the three legs, no footprint as such. I've had to get replacements with a proper pad/footprint after watching these thing sink into my smooth tarmac. The drive had been down for 3 months and it only happened a couple of weeks ago so it wasn't like the tarmac hadn't cured or was soft due to heat. I prefer a flat face unlike DBlock, as i mostly use my axle stands in the mounting point areas of the floorpan after using a trolley jack to get the car into the air.

bit of ply like ioneabee say if its digging in.

as for stands for the zed i have a set of draper ones one a ratchet lift, bought off ebay, works atreat everytime regardless of car. as its ratchet lift, there is alot more fine adjustment over the pin and hole method ones.

also easier to lift up to fit, as it auto catches as you raise the foot. so if your one handed and trying to do it. theres no fiddly pin.

Edited by rtbiscuit

• 2 months later...

I'm after a set of the V-shaped ones, which I presume generally have a hard wearing rubber on them ? (I can use these on the sill points right ?)

If so, can anyone recommend a specific set to go for ?

The Silverline 580486 look ok but I'm not sure if anyone here has tried them.

Cheers for that, I guess those kind of ones are all the same just rebranded\painted differently.

Do you use those ones on the sills without any issues ?

To be honest haven,t had cause to use them on the z yet but will do soon when my new anti roll bars turn up :thumbs: