Cleaning Screen Washer Jets

14N

Hi All,

I've got an issue with my front windscreen washer jets. Can someone throw some suggestions (maybe from experience) how I can clean them?

Basically pulling the stalk to wash the windscreen produces a dribble out the jets. So I know the fluid is getting there, it's just not hitting the screen with any force.

I've tried cleaning them with a sewing needle, by having a good poke and wiggle, but this has had virtually no effect :thumbdown:

Is there an alternative way of cleaning them? Can they be removed and/or replaced? Or are they all part of the wiper arm?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers, Ian :thumbs:

Will be a £2 non return valve from halfords. Open the bonnet, remove the brake fluid cover, reach under the windscreen cowling and unclip the pipes. There will be 2 valves under there - a Y shaped valve and a non return valve. It is usually this piece which gets blocked.

• 8 months later...

Can't help with your location query I'm afraid Mike, but it maybe that Nissan used a different looking valve in the later models or it's previously been changed (also for a different looking one).

The one I replaced mine with was a smaller black thing. The washer fluid was held up 'out the way' by some plastic clips. I'd have thought the location wouldn't of changed by much (if at all) though.

• 2 years later...