HD telly advice need - PLEASE!!!

AndyC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really into this stuff but I have an option of a 42" plasma panasonic for £400 - is that a good deal, I think it might not have a warranty ;)

Yep, its a good deal :teeth:

If your suppliers manage to get any more stock in let me know :thumbs:

Guest prescience
Not really into this stuff but I have an option of a 42" plasma panasonic for £400 - is that a good deal, I think it might not have a warranty ;)

Yep, its a good deal :teeth:

If your suppliers manage to get any more stock in let me know :thumbs:

I'll have a word with the Lard of the Manor ;)

i had an xbox 360 running on a normal 4:3 28inch 5 year old crt tv for a few months then decided to upgrade to a better tv

i got the samsung 32inch lcd for £450 in a electroninc store -brand new full warranty its only capable of 1080p through the serial pc input - ive connected the xbox through the component input with 1080i and it is unbelievable -gears cod3 look spectacular some other games like test drive or project gotham don' t seem to look much better , sky digital hd isnt brilliant either - ithink its only in 720 - fact of the matter is any appreciable quality difference in 1080i and 1080p is not noticable to to 95% of the public ,

i had an xbox 360 running on a normal 4:3 28inch 5 year old crt tv for a few months then decided to upgrade to a better tv

i got the samsung 32inch lcd for £450 in a electroninc store -brand new full warranty its only capable of 1080p through the serial pc input - ive connected the xbox through the component input with 1080i and it is unbelievable -gears cod3 look spectacular some other games like test drive or project gotham don' t seem to look much better , sky digital hd isnt brilliant either - ithink its only in 720 - fact of the matter is any appreciable quality difference in 1080i and 1080p is not noticable to to 95% of the public ,

Just a couple of points here.

Sky HD can be set to 1080i as well as 720p.

Also the forthcoming Blueray DVDs are on 1080p also (as per PS3)

Really interesting mate, thanks for that. Your last bit about it being not noticeable is very good - think thats just made the decision for me, I'm going for the i. Where did you source the TV from?

Cheers all for all you help & advice its been really useful :thumbs:

On Sky HD.

Almost all the channels bar Sky Movies HD and Sky Sports HD will be normal channels that have be up resoultioned. The quality of these will onlt really be the same as normal non HD channels as that is the source material. Vry little is being made in HD. Sky Sports was one the first channels to start using HD camera's on their football.