Taxed to death

douglasr

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ONLY fiar way to tax people is through fuel costs. THe more miles and the more fuel hungry the vehicle, the more you pay. Except that isn't very Labour as they don't want it to be obvious who can and who can't afford to run certain vehilces so they tax the cars they don't like (i.e. 4x4, which is just plain stupid). Meanwhile 80% of all tax revenue comes from the top 10% of all earners, a point you'll not find front page on the next budget. **** me these guys are a bunch of c**ts

back tracking slightly here - just went onto dvla tax your car online site to help my son tax his car - there's a bit on there now where you enter a car reg number (anybodies not just yours) and it tells you how much the tax costs, when it's due, and when it last changed hands. Quite interesting.

back tracking slightly here - just went onto dvla tax your car online site to help my son tax his car - there's a bit on there now where you enter a car reg number (anybodies not just yours) and it tells you how much the tax costs, when it's due, and when it last changed hands. Quite interesting.

Put the link on Nixy, be interested to see that! Surely thats not good, I've not given permission about any my details to be freely available! :angry:

Put the link on Nixy, be interested to see that! Surely thats not good, I've not given permission about any my details to be freely available! :angry:

But Jacko the reg plate number is common knowledge to everyone for checking purposes :thumbs:

I just used it to check some car tax prices and was gobsmacked to see that a BMW M6 with a 5l engine was £100 cheaper!!1

Just proves that this latest tax hike is ballsed up...

Average milage for a performance car is in the region of 6-8k per year, as opposed to a little 1.4 Nova that whizzes around town constantly, popping to the corner shop and back etc etc racking up 15k miles....

surely the annual pollution would then be less from my "gas guzzling" machine, which costs me more in petrol as well...

There is no respite...

:cry: oops - maybe you should do some research now using your car as an example and let the rest of us know!

yup, just put my car through the online renewal thingy and its gonna be £300 :thumbdown::headhurt: still got 6 months to dwel on it till its due anyway.

A thought occured to me the other day. The main people opposing the planned pay as you drive scheme were no doubt car enthusiasts such as ourselves, right? Is this a government tactic to make it more appealing to us, and shut us up for next time it comes up??

here's the link to the main page - sorry the rest was too long and I don't know how to make it a 'clicky' sorry! And how come a Z is cheaper than a civic type R?

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk

you need to go to 'vehicle enquiry'

So are we saying a newly imported 'older' Z will be hammered then like a new one? How can that be right?