D2 Racing 8 pot Caliper Brake kits

Will

Could anyone advise me, with this brake kit,

http://www.japtuning.co.uk/17.html.

Im really tempted to purchase it, my 03 JDM 350z is ready for new discs, so i was thinking of just doing an upgrade of the brakes in total.

Standard Brembo Drilled Disc's all round = £425 from OPIE

D2 8 Pot Kit, £1025

Has anyone had experience with this kit?

What would you guys do ??

Thanks in advance.

Will

a bit of a question mark, these.

I was offered them a while back by the D2 European Distributors and I'm sure they were asking as a special price for about €950.

The company itself is korean IIRC, fast growing too. No idea quality wise though.

PS for the price of the std Brembo disks you mentioned, I'm sure you can get 2 piece jobs

Half of me wants to give the D2 ones a chance.. i still think at £1000 or so they aint badly priced for 8 pot all round? i was concerned about the colour, being too pink but apparently the photo's make them more pink when infact they are purple.

Which 2 peice jobie's were you thinking?

Thanks for your response dude.

Will

Ah yeh, the £425 is for all 4 drilled Brembo disks..

For this kind of price range, £1000 ish for the 8 pot D2's, what other options should i consider? Am i right in thinking that you cant get any other brake kit for this kind of price?

Will

Isn't it £1K for just the fronts though, so you are really comparing £200 for new discs against £1K for the D2 kit?

I have seen this on eBay myself and been tempted, like yourself if my discs and pads all needed doing then I might think about it.

£2-3K for new front discs is a lot of money and I am not sure if you'd really benefit unless you plan to do track days etc.

At my P3 recently, I was told that the pads have only a couple of thousand miles left on them and the disks are a bit worn, so I am looking at having to change them by the summer. The fronts are more worn than the rears. Is it ok to replace/upgrade the fronts first, leaving the rears till a bit later? Or would that cause an imbalance in the braking performance?

At my P3 recently, I was told that the pads have only a couple of thousand miles left on them and the disks are a bit worn, so I am looking at having to change them by the summer. The fronts are more worn than the rears. Is it ok to replace/upgrade the fronts first, leaving the rears till a bit later? Or would that cause an imbalance in the braking performance?

you'll be fine mate. Unless we are talking about extremely performing fronts and oem disks (and by that I mean VERY lightweight stuff etc) even if you just get drilled or slotted fronts (say from EBC) there won't be much difference, as stated on the EBC website itself, it's more of a cosmetic thing :)

same for upgraded disks, really ;)

I agree mate why bother with either????

That was partly the point I was trying to make, standard Brembos are fine for normal use.

I am not sure how much a normal brembo replacement would cost over a drilled one, but if it is not much then the extra stopping power always comes in handy.

I replaced the standard kit on my modded (290bhp) TT and put some EBC Green Stuff pads and Tarox grooved discs and it made a world of difference over stock. But then the stock kit on a TT is poop.