05 350z Gunmetal GT

squanchy

Hello.

Bought the car a month or so ago in Aberdeen, the service history book was lost, so been trying to fill it in since. Ordered a new one and gotten 4 out of a possible 7 stamps so far. If anyone has any info about the car then please let me know. Cheers.

So this is what she looks like just now... 05 GT, no revup (unfortunately)

frontcopy.jpg

rearcopy.jpg

Nice and clean, but needing some attention in a few areas.

Brakes feel... Not so great. So got some Yellow Stuff pads ordered from Cougar Store (cheers min) and also picked up some brake fluid from the Euro Car Parts that just opened in Aberdeen, showroom was pretty poor, but they had what I was after in the back. Going to use Super Blue Racing DOT 4 Fluid.

Went to Halfords to look for some clear tubing to attach to the bleed points and ended up getting a brake bleading kit with an non-return valve on it for a tenner, so pretty chuffed with that (if it works).

Other plans are to fit the Rota GTRs I've got sitting beside me just now. Went for Bronze 18s 8.5" front and 9.5" rear. Going to change the pads, alloys and bleed the brakes all in a oner on Sunday.

Forgive the n00b question, but I can't quite get my head around how feeding the new brake fluid through the car works. Are there 8 seperate lines going to each bleed point on the calipers? How does the new fluid not just mix in with the fluid that is already in the car?

Other plans are to prep the car for Uprev tuning. I understand that it is more worthwhile to get the plenum spacer installed beforehand, what else would be beneficial to install beforehand?

Thanks for all responses.

Good luck bleeding the brakes, i'm no expert I had to get help doing mine, it's a 2 man job really unless you are an octopuss....

UpRev wise if you read up you just need to get your air intake + exhaust setup how you want to inprove results and not need a return trip....

Wheel wise standard rims normally go for £100-£150 a lot of guys keep hold of them and fit winter tyres but depends on space and if you intend to use the car in bad weather and protect your rota's....

Cheers for replies.

Yeah, going to get my Dad to help me bleed the brakes. Fingers crossed it doesn't go tits up.

Will try get some pics up of the new alloys on Sunday night.

Oh, also. Where's the nearest place to Scotland that does the Uprev remap?

Nice little project there :thumbs:

Plenty of pics please :)

You just keep pouring the fluid in and pumping the pedal it will flush out the old only a small amount will mix - It's 4 lines one to each corner ;)

Edit: Zorst and a supercharger will see great results at the uprev ;):thumbs:

No, I've just looked, can't find a guide either, it may have been on my350z.com.

The key points are:

1 Don't let the reservoir run dry

2 don't let the reservoir run dry.

3 bleed in the correct order, I can't remember what this is, I'll have a look.

4 brembos have 2 bleed nipples per caliper, both must be bled.

5 give the bleed nipples a good soak with penetrating fluid and use a ring spanner to open them, they are easy to round off.

It's got Brembos, which guide was that? Couldn't find one on here. I've got a pretty good idea of what is required now, but reading another guide wouldn't go amiss.

I spray some proper pentration fluid e.g. plus gas or ferrosol on them the day before you want to bleed them. They will feel like they are welded on. :lol:

The first time I crack them open I use a 6 point socket as thats kinder to the nipple and then swap it for the spanner. :thumbs:

Well, drove the car for a while and was very impressed with the Yellow Stuff pads! To be honest, the pads I took out, still had plenty life in them, but they must have been pretty cheap, because the difference is massive.

Anyone have any idea what tyre pressure I should be using in the alloys? They are 8.5 at the front and 9.5 at the rear...

Well, drove the car for a while and was very impressed with the Yellow Stuff pads! To be honest, the pads I took out, still had plenty life in them, but they must have been pretty cheap, because the difference is massive.

Anyone have any idea what tyre pressure I should be using in the alloys? They are 8.5 at the front and 9.5 at the rear...

Pleased to read you're happy with the Yellowstuff pads... :thumbs:

Tyre pressures, best to start off with 35 all round and then adjust if needed... :)

• 2 months later...

Ah! So it's a Stillen splitter! I was trying to find out the other day as i want something similar for mine.

I also have a gunmetal grey 350 so will be interested to see how some of your plans turn out! Wheels looking good so far, agree with the need for lows tho :)

• 7 months later...

Well, some of you may have seen my other thread about my car getting keyed on almost every panel. It was so bad, and along with a scrape on the front bumper and stone chips all over the front end, it made sense to get the whole car resprayed. So here it is after a quick wash this morning. Delighted with the job, it's like brand new again!

post-17387-137337384555_thumb.jpg

post-17387-13733738561_thumb.jpg

post-17387-137337386834_thumb.jpg

I've also spent the last few days with the seats out using the Gliptone leather repair. Overall, I'm fairly happy with them. Although if I was doing it again, I would definitely use a spray gun and would do the whole seats, as opposed to just the bolsters. When using a sponge, you're obviously always going to get some streak marks. I'm hoping these will wear in a bit with some use though.

Here some photos anyway.

Before...

post-17387-137337396801_thumb.jpg

During...

post-17387-137337398555_thumb.jpg

After...

post-17387-137337400827_thumb.jpg

post-17387-137337401599_thumb.jpg

Next up at the end of the month is a Cobra exhaust, as mine is blowing. Full pelt P3 service with everything getting done and then the first MOT I've had to get on a car in years!!

Also had the road tax this month, so it's been an expensive wee time. The car will be in A1 condition once it's all done though!

Oh, also ordered some trim dye. Going to see if I do something about the rubber trim which is looking slightly perished...

syramebe.jpg

Edited by squanchy