Track day at hullivington today 3rd September

Kev T

This was my first time out on track with the Growler, so set out nice and early as it is a good 2 hour trek down the M4 for me to get to Cirencester where the airfield circuit is, arrived at about 8.30 am so was on of the first there but very quickly the pit lane parking started to fill, the one thing that really shocked me was the number of track dedicated ( mostly Caterhams ) cars turning up on trailers and TBH i did initially feel a bit intimidated, but as the day progressed everybody was friendly and very interested in the 370 as it was the only one ther plus got a few compliments on how nice my exhaust sounded on full chat and how quick she is, in fact i was only overtaken a couple of times by track dedicated cars one of which was a mad fast supercharged Ariel Atom , the biggest problem i found with the Z was trying to hussle her bulk through tight hairpins, i would pull away from the Caterhams and Elise's on the straight only to be caught on the bends then pull away again on the next straight. The day was very professionaly run by trackdays@motorsport-events.com and i would certainly recommend them if you have never had a go before.

post-5990-135011929008_thumb.jpg

post-5990-135011929029_thumb.jpg

post-5990-135011929054_thumb.jpg

How much Kev and what make of tyres are you on pls?

B)

Hi Peter, the open pit lane day ( 9.30 - 4.45 ) was £109 and i am still on the original Bridgestones so maybe i was lucky that it was a hot dry day, having said that my oil temps were reaching 125 degrees by the end of each session and i had almost lost all clutch pressure by the end of the day ( it came back when the fluid cooled ).

How much Kev and what make of tyres are you on pls?

B)

Hi Peter, the open pit lane day ( 9.30 - 4.45 ) was £109 and i am still on the original Bridgestones so maybe i was lucky that it was a hot dry day, having said that my oil temps were reaching 125 degrees by the end of each session and i had almost lost all clutch pressure by the end of the day ( it came back when the fluid cooled ).

You have got me thinking for another time kev. Would like to have at least one go.

I had all my fluids changed for decent stuff when the S/C was fitted so dont know if that will make a difference!

I don't have your normal overheating problems.

Glad you enjoyed it:)

Saw similar temps at Knockhill after about 6-7 laps - whch meant time off track for a cool down.

Shows that 370, even in standard form, needs additional oil cooling measures for sustained track work.

I have seen 110 plus in stationary traffic after some spirited road driving so it is something to keep an eye on given 125+ will mean the oil will not be doing the job as well :shrug:

Yes i have the greddy deep sump, which does help with cooling but is mainly to prevent oil surge. On the plus side i didn't have any problems with brake fade after having the brake fluid changed to competition spec.

TBF most people were only doing 15 mins max on the track yesterday before coming in too cool the cars off and there were a few going up in steam, so the Z isn't alone.