Door open warning light 2004 350z Coupe

glrnet

Some of you will know that we drove down to South of France yesterday, while I was cleaning the car on Friday morning I noticed that the driver door window does not do the auto adjust thing when opening and closing the door. Had a quick search around and the window reset was mentioned so I took the door card off and did this, no change. With the door open I pressed the door light switch in and out and this produced the auto window adjust facility as if the door was being opened and closed, you cannot reproduce this by opening and closing the door normally and as far as I can tell there is no adjustment for the door switch. The door open warning light is now on and it shows passenger door open, I suspect that the driver door switch is faulty but don't have a meter with me to prove it and just for clarity I would really appreciate it if some kind soul would check to see if this is the only door that shows open if ANY door or the hatch is left open, i.e. it's not a warning just for the passenger side, I don't have my owners manual with me to check. I think it's a warning for ANY door but only shows the passenger door. Going to have a play around later as the wind noise over 700 odd miles drove me mad :bang: but we have to go shopping first :bang::D Thanks guys :thumbs:

My advice...

Only drive upto 699 miles, therefore you won't be driven mad by 700.

Buy a lower mileage car, Smile....... :teeth:

Can you not put something behind the switch to make it stand out a bit further?

Take it apart and bend the connector up a bit so contact is made when door closes.

Take it apart and bend the connector up a bit so contact is made when door closes.

This^^, or stick something to the inside of the door where it pushes on the switch so that it pushes the switch a bit further. Then replace the switch when you get home.

Have a good holiday - whereabouts in France are you?

Going to investigate this idea later, Gascogny, between Bordeaux and Toulouse :)

This^^, or stick something to the inside of the door where it pushes on the switch so that it pushes the switch a bit further. Then replace the switch when you get home.

Have a good holiday - whereabouts in France are you?

Thanks Colin, didn't need this in the end thank goodness, fixed it now and it wasn't a faulty door switch either.

Two or three days ago one of my driver's door sill LED's failed and I rather hurriedly changed as it was raining, well I obviously wasn't paying enough attention when I pushed home the door sill and it caught the LED earth wire and was in effect providing an earth at the door switch when the door was closed. This of course was "fooling" the door switch to believe that it was permanently open :surrender: This also explains why the window auto adjust wouldn't work :thumbs: Have re routed the LED earth properly now and all is well :clap: Mrs glrnet says I planned it so that I could "play around" with my other woman while on holiday :blush::lol:

Time for beers now :thumbs: And I will of course have a celebratory Single Malt later on :)

Here is the window repair guide Graham, if that helps in any way? (Para 44 onwards)

[attachment=0]Window Guide.pdf[/attachment]

or here?

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php ... Door_Opens

It is indeed Dave :blush:

@ Jim and SMDave :lol::p

quote="daveparkin"]

Going to investigate this idea later, Gascogny, between Bordeaux and Toulouse :)

Glad you've sorted it.

Have a good break, that's a lovely bit of France and a foodies heaven :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...