Engine light on!

vansman66

Well mine and Roxy's relationship came crushing down this afternoon when I got in her, drove off thinking she doesn't feel right, very sluggish, not much power, looked down and saw I had the check engine light, slip indicator and traction light all on, pulled over switched her off, then started again, traction and slip lights off but check engine still on and back to having some engine power.

So it looks like I will have a trip to Westover Nissan to get her sorted, P3 service due aswell along with MOT, think it could turn out to be an expensive next week. :thumbdown:

The engine light will stay on even if the actual fault has gone away. Before bending over for Nissan, look for the 'pedal dance' on here, which is a way to read and clear the ECU codes yourself for free. That way you'll at least know what you're dealing with before spending any money.

DB

The engine light will stay on even if the actual fault has gone away. Before bending over for Nissan, look for the 'pedal dance' on here, which is a way to read and clear the ECU codes yourself for free. That way you'll at least know what you're dealing with before spending any money.

DB

Cheers for that DB, I'll have a look for it and maybe have a go in the morning. :thumbs:

both Keyser and myself are out today but drop him a pm mate i am sure we can get it into the zed shed for a look.....stay clear of nissan mate.

+1 I should be in tomorrow drop me a PM if you want to swing by :thumbs:

Now The Bitch and the Ginger Ninja are off to play :yahoo:

both Keyser and myself are out today but drop him a pm mate i am sure we can get it into the zed shed for a look.....stay clear of nissan mate.

Oh dear, look out Bournmouth and the surrounding area :surrender:

Your peaceful Sunday morning lay in may be disruted :lol: :drive:

Cheers Keyser PM sent.