Midlands Robber tries to outrun helicopter at 180+

Wasso

It's a crap piece of reporting, as it is everywhere in the media today and not just on Sky. The big thing here is that he was responsible for loads of burglaries in the area, and the police had been after him for ages, and finally he was sent down for 9 years for his crimes. The fact he was doing 180mph trying to get away is neither here nor there really.

RS5 will happily do almost 190mph if you remove the limiter.

Well, yes, they do. However the RS5 has a V8, and I very much doubt that anyone would buy an RS5 and then drop the V10 into it. I strongly suspect that the reporting bods have got their lines crossed somewhere. In fact, I'd bet a packet of Hob Nobs that the RS5 in question is standard under the bonnet, barring the limiter removal and maybe a remap.

Well, yes, they do. However the RS5 has a V8, and I very much doubt that anyone would buy an RS5 and then drop the V10 into it. I strongly suspect that the reporting bods have got their lines crossed somewhere. In fact, I'd bet a packet of Hob Nobs that the RS5 in question is standard under the bonnet, barring the limiter removal and maybe a remap.

+1

you'll only get about 20bhp out of a map on a rs5. The engine is pretty rinsed for power already. The v8 is a audi made engine. It is basicly the same engine in the old rs4 with a larger intake and a couple of small change. I think even with the limiter completely removed you would really struggle to get near 180mph. As said before lazy reporting.

I want the A8 with that engine in.

The transporter had that V10 in his last film.

I would swap tomorrow as my back can't take much more of the Zed:(

Oh and the new a8 is available with a 500bph 6.3l w12 engine. Its immense!

The German team MTM and Swedish team Clubsport have both dropped Bi turbo V10's in there RS5s knocking out 730 BHP So it may be that these guys did put one in as they needed a 4 door car. I have not really done much reading up on it. But the A8 as I call it with the 5.2 V10 in it is the one I have my heart set on. I think the only reason they have a few less horses than the R8 is the weight of the thing. They have one on sale up the road at Romans. I don't think I have ever seen one that's not Black!

Not everyone's cup of tea but if I am going to have to go for big and comfy, I may as well have one with some grunt in it.