Expendables 2

John tarantula

Cheesy as hell, very little decent plot, lots of shooting, ageing stars making fun of themselves and multiple classic one liners - I loved it!

If you like classic 80's action movies you need to see this :thumbs:

I loved the first one and WILL be going to see this with my old boy... we do all the old skool films :lol:

I have to say my friends absolutely loved this film. I on the other hand thought it was terrible. I wasnt expecting a deep and meaningful script or a plot but common this was just a short pointless film where it felt like all the actors had cameo walk on roles.

Someone walked onto the screen, rehashed an old line from the 80's that was totally irrelevant to the moment, got out their gun and started shooting. There was no point. Now i love arnie and stallone films, my collection is full of movies like predator, commando, rambo etc. I love them but this film i thought was rather sad.......

The one exception to this was the norris story about the cobra - that was totally awesome.

Will

Someone walked onto the screen, rehashed an old line from the 80's that was totally irrelevant to the moment, got out their gun and started shooting.

That's exactly why I loved it! never gonna get those style of old films back with all those stars so was great to have it all cheesed up in one place! Too many super intelligent and serious plot twisting long films now which are OK but not as fun as these!

I want to see it again, enjoyed a lot more than the first one. :thumbs:

That's exactly why I loved it! never gonna get those style of old films back with all those stars so was great to have it all cheesed up in one place! Too many super intelligent and serious plot twisting long films now which are OK but not as fun as these!

I want to see it again, enjoyed a lot more than the first one. :thumbs:

Exactly :thumbs:

Would it be better if it was an action film where they ran out of bullets because of the recession? :lol:

Saw The Expendables 2 last night, it was an advanced premier here. Big dumb, action. Cheesey, comic referrals to all of the movies the actors have been in. The martial arts in the movie were well choreographed. The spurting blood when someone was shot was a bit ott. Mind guess it depends what type of bulllet you use.

Lots of muscles being flashed constantly. Lol, not to mention botoxed and plastic surgery'ied faces. :eek:

One funny scene at the end when they're getting on the helicopter, won't spoil it though for those going to see it.

Would I see it again, yip! More comedic action than anything else.

Watched it at home on Tuesday, it was ok

Funniest thing in the film is Sly's facial hair, maybe it is to cover up all the cosmetic surgery lines.... and Arnie looks like someone has taken his skin off, steamed it and put it back on :scare:

The film is ok, yeah a few funny lines and the usual 2,000 men with every conceivable weapon known to man but can't hit a barn door from 10 feet getting blown away by a geriatric who can hit a gnats testicle from half a mile away :yawn:

Enjoyable for what it is I guess, I really liked the first one but this one just seemed a little to have a little too much cheese for me...

Just settling down to watch Maid in Manhattan with a box of tissues....

Im looking forward to this one too. Enjoyed the first one, but was worried that they may now ruin it for number 2 and 3. From the sounds of it on here they probably have, so i`ll wait until its out on DVD or blu ray before watching and save myself a few quid.