Newbie looking to buy a 350z

Hi Guys,

Just signed up as i am looking for a bit of advise and honesty from you all.

I am looking to buy a 350z at the moment. I have a couple in mind.

I have never driven a 350z - what are they like to drive? Is the suspension harsh? Whats the power delivery like?

How do you find running costs? Any major services i need to be aware of?

Any thing i really need to look out for when buying?

I am trying to find one quite low mileage - something between 30k to 50k...

Any advise/help would be great guys.

Thanks

John

Welcome to the forum mate, the best thing you can do is use the search button at the top right hand corner. This will be able to answer most of your questions. You should also go a get yourself a test drive as yes we can answer your question about the drive.. but we prob all have a different answers as its a total personal taste thing. All I will say is it defo puts a smile on your face :blush: I dont find the running costs bad... but that doesnt mean other people wont... so again do a bit of research and then you will know for sure. :thumbs:

:wave:

what are they like to drive?

if your new to RWD they are a good starter car, very safe and very balanced and as they are heavy they feel planted

Is the suspension harsh?

not really, stock suspension is pretty user friendly, its a GT car after all so made for long distance cruising in comfort

Whats the power delivery like?

very linear, which makes it feel slow, untill you look at the speedo and realise how fast your going although it has 270 bhp newer models around the 300 mark it won't have the kick that turbo cars have, but has plenty of grunt for in gear acceleration and overtaking.

How do you find running costs?

petrol is £1.33 a litre it takes 80 litres to fill up, on normal driving a tank will do around 300 miles perosnally i don't think thats bad for a V6 but its no prius. it will use tyres if you drive it hard, 18" for a price idea 245/45/18 and 225/45/18. 3 services p1, p2, p3 and it alternates around them p1 is about £150-£200 p2 and 3 are around the £300 mark.

Any major services i need to be aware of?

no timeing belts to worry about all chain driven

Any thing i really need to look out for when buying?

clicky rear axle, burning oil, bad gearboxes

I am trying to find one quite low mileage - something between 30k to 50k...

autotrader

Any advise/help would be great guys.

go drive one, everyone has different tastes in cars, go see if you like it nad if its the car for you. just out of interest what are you coming from? car wise?

Thanks for the replies so far guys - I am having a mooch around the forum to see what i can find out.

I am coming from a ZS 180 (2.5 V6) which is front wheel drive and isn't the most economical car in the world so I am not expecting miracles from a 350Z.

I have one in mind that i have seen on ebay - don't anyone be snapping it up before me :p if you have any thoughts on this - shout em out :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170865523685? ... 97.c0.m619

Of course i do need to drive one to see if i like it before i buy.

John

I Have also been reading that the 350z like 99 RON fuel not just the standard petrol. Is that correct to always run it on 99 instead of 95?

John

Yes its always better to run 99... if you cant find anywhere that does it... you can put 95 in occasionally but always best to use 99 :thumbs:

I Have also been reading that the 350z like 99 RON fuel not just the standard petrol. Is that correct to always run it on 99 instead of 95?

John

Yes its always better to run 99... if you cant find anywhere that does it... you can put 95 in occasionally but always best to use 99 :thumbs:

Our local garage has 99 RON which is good but expensive...

Thing is this is going to be a fun/weekend/holiday car that will be used thru the summer etc as i have company car that i use the rest of the time. So running costs aren't a major issue.

John

Thing is this is going to be a fun/weekend/holiday car that will be used thru the summer etc as i have company car that i use the rest of the time. So running costs aren't a major issue.

Well since you put it like that........ GET ONE BOUGHT :lol:

John

Well since you put it like that........ GET ONE BOUGHT :lol:

Ha! thats what i need a bit of a shuv in the right direction!! :yahoo: