Took my camera for a trip to London 2012!!

gangzoom

Some how we managed to get lucky and got some tickets to the Olympic 400m final on Monday (bought the tickets on the website on Saturday night. So the website does work, you just have to be very lucky!!).

Been to a few sporting things and nice holidays over the years, but have to say this trumped them all!! Unfortunately no GB winners on the night but the atmosphere was still amazing...if your thinking about going JUST DO IT!!

For those interested all the photos taken with a Canon 550D and suitable lens (Total cost of camera gear about £500 which is frankly amazing for the quality of the shots!! Put it another way, some point and shoot cameras cost >£250 and come no where near in terms of image quality)...

mg3548n.jpg

mg3612.jpg

mg4188.jpg

mg3674.jpg

So close...

mg4063.jpg

They make it look so easy...

mg4123j.jpg

Fastest man ever..

mg4033.jpg

mg4209.jpg

What it feels like to be the fastest man over 400m...

mg4211t.jpg

Everyone else....

mg4213h.jpg

olympicpara.jpg

mg4248x.jpg

Some great pics there, what a night to be there!

What lens did you take bud? Reading the restrictions, it made out an SLR with zoom lens (say ~300mm) would not be allowed. I'm going to the MTB on Sunday and was going to take the SLR til I saw that, but seeing your pics I'm guessing you had something in that region? Otherwise I have to use my G1X which has amazing pic quality but poor zoom :thumbdown:

What lens did you take bud? Reading the restrictions, it made out an SLR with zoom lens (say ~300mm) would not be allowed. I'm going to the MTB on Sunday and was going to take the SLR til I saw that, but seeing your pics I'm guessing you had something in that region? Otherwise I have to use my G1X which has amazing pic quality but poor zoom :thumbdown:

I took my 70-300mm, there were plenty of people walking around with 'L' lens so unless you got a 400mm beast it woudlnt be a problem.

I took my 70-300mm, there were plenty of people walking around with 'L' lens so unless you got a 400mm beast it woudlnt be a problem.

sigma200500mmf2.8.jpg

like tha? :lol:

Nice pics mate :thumbs:

Excellent, thats good to know. I will be taking my 70-300mm too then, as well as the G1X for walkabout duties :yahoo:

It said something about not equipment more than 30cm in length which I assumed the camera+lens would be, and other events I've been to in the past turn you away with SLR cameras for being professional. Thats the beauty of the G1X, its near SLR quality in a "compact" camera :ninja: Just doesnt have the zoom unfortunately (damn laws of physics!)