new Nissan Z car

neo

Rubbish! Get back to basics. :p The Proper Z cars are in line straight six. These V6 thingys are only toys. :stir:

The way forward is smaller engine, smaller body and sensible pricing. B)

But if a Z was more sensibly priced, would be more achievable for mass populous, so good from one aspect, but would be a turnoff buying something that is literally everywhere from new. :headhurt: Would rather pay more and have something a bit different. Loved the novelty almost 9 years ago when purchased. :thumbs::thumbs:

I don't think the 370Z has sold very well at all compared to the 350Z. According to wiki US 370Z sales figures are 1/3 that of the 350Z..ofcourse wiki never lies :D

Don't know what the RRP of the 370Z is now (>£30K?), but the new BMW M135i (ok it looks like a pig) has a RRP of £29K and for once comes with a decent amount of standard kit (Leather, Bluetooth, USB, AirCon, Xenon, iDrive). Has a combined mpg rating of 37.7 :scare:, 320bhp (0-60 5.1sec), and can sit 3 extra people compared to the Z. Nissan really needs to come out with a decent engine to compete with the power/economy figures BMW powerplants can offer inorder to get some decent sales figures!!

I don't think the 370Z has sold very well at all compared to the 350Z. According to wiki US 370Z sales figures are 1/3 that of the 350Z..ofcourse wiki never lies :D

Financial crunch and world obsession with co2 is why the 370 never sold in the same numbers - both issues that were not factors in 2002/3 when the 350 was let loose onto the market.

Nissan are no doubt closely watching the worlds response to the Toyota/Subaru offerings. Enthusiast reaction like ours counts for relatively little in the scheme of things and we can all see engine development is moving towards smaller units with good outputs and economy - at least that is far better IMO than these hybrid nonsences with no strong current signs that alternative fuels are being developed or allowed for political reasons we can all see through....... :dry:

So I would hope Nissan are addressing issues we have known for a long time and the need to:

Shed weight.

Introduce engines that for everyday use reduce the use of fossil fuels and are lung friendly but have sporting modes when wanted.

They don't pander to the need for more than 2 seats to help keep the overall size down. It is a sports car not a passenger wagon.

And dare I say it - be bold and add a bit more colour to the range rather than umpteen shades of grey.

If the V was swapped for a smaller capacity turbo 4 pot I'd be happy to compromise with a decrease in size and weight, BUT an increase in quality. This way the cost would probably be about the same as the FT86. With some clever packaging I'm sure enough storage space could be included :snack:

If the V was swapped for a smaller capacity turbo 4 pot I'd be happy to compromise with a decrease in size and weight, BUT an increase in quality. This way the cost would probably be about the same as the FT86. With some clever packaging I'm sure enough storage space could be included :snack:

The car you describe is already here- the BMW 125.

I very much hope the next Z is NA :thumbs: