Eibach ARB's

Daryl

Was wondering what settings people run these at. Alex says he runs his on the stiffest front and rear,but thats a track car,what do people do when the car is used on the road? Iv set mine to middle hole for the rear,and rearward hole for the front,which is what Alex suggested to start with. Is it worth changing both to the hardest setting? Took it for a quick spin around some MK roundabouts,and have to say its pretty impressive the way the car stays flat. Found myself halfway out the seat at one point,clinging on for dear life! :scare:

I have a set sitting waiting to go on. Was hoping to have them on for a trackday tomorrow but unfortunately work dictated that I never had time. The car is quite rolly just now and hoping that these will help stiffen it right up

I ran them stiffest rear and softest front as I wanted the car to become more lively, but I adjusted my geo setup to take that into account: If I'd gone for those settings out of the box I think I'd have ended up ditchward! :lol:

I run stiffest front and middle rear

Does the car not understeer with these settings? Just curious,as i was going to do that,but the manual says it induces understeer. Or is the level so high you never notice it?

^^^Yeah, that.

If you want an understeery car then Steve's settings are ideal, but you don't know what his other suspension settings are like: If they're super aggressive, then it might not be as bad as it looks.

After trying all the positions I set these to firmest front and back and there fine. The only problem is that Eibach does warn you on the install guides these settings should not be used in wet or slippery conditions. My car is rarely out in the rain so its no issue to me, as previously stated try them out and find out what is best for your car there all a little bit different :thumbs: .

After trying all the positions I set these to firmest front and back and there fine. The only problem is that Eibach does warn you on the install guides these settings should not be used in wet or slippery conditions. My car is rarely out in the rain so its no issue to me, as previously stated try them out and find out what is best for your car there all a little bit different :thumbs: .

Thats what put me off putting them on their hardest settings to start with. Though must admit,car feels pretty good as it is. May dabble abit and see how things go. Advantage to lots of roundabouts in MK. :yahoo:

I run a fair bit of extra -ve camber so didn't want the back end becoming too lively I figured I'd rather have a car that understeers a little than tries to kill you every time you nail it in the dry.

I am planning on trying the full stiff setting soon though.

Well i was bored at work yesterday,and managed to change both ARBs to the firmest setting with the car just parked up. Have to say it feels pretty cool,just a tad stiffer than the previos setting. Havnt had a propper blast yet,as had the mrs in the car,but it certainly didnt seem like it wanted to kill me.

On a decent road, it won't. It's when you hit a bump on one side of the car but not the other you can get some interesting reactions, as it'll transfer that bump across the axle and dislodge it from the road :D

What springs and dampers are you running?

Same as I had mine then, albeit I had adjustable front a-arms and rear toe/camber arms to run more aggressive geo. The ARBs gave me the control I wanted without sacrificing comfort, great setup :thumbs:

I feel more people shoud try ARBs before swapping out the dampers and springs for performance.

Same as I had mine then, albeit I had adjustable front a-arms and rear toe/camber arms to run more aggressive geo. The ARBs gave me the control I wanted without sacrificing comfort, great setup :thumbs:

I feel more people shoud try ARBs before swapping out the dampers and springs for performance.

I have your old set in my garage at the moment ;)

Get them on then ya lazy bugger! :p

Lol I know mate, if you look at my knockhill pics the car is almost on its side lol, it is a tight hairpin but I managed to ground my bumper and skirt on it when pushing harder.

Need adjustable drop links for and changing to poly bushes. Just not had time to sort it all out with holidays etc coming up.

• 4 months later...

I had Cougar Store fit my Eibach's and had a good discussion with them when deciding what settings. Unknowingly I decided to go with the same setting as Alex recommended (great minds!) which was soft on the front and middle on the back. The logic was simple, on a track the car (everything else stock) understeers so I wanted to shift the balance towards oversteer. First impressions were a feeling of the rear coming round much earlier, which I took as a good thing. Then went on track at Rockingham and that really proved it was the right setting, much more balance on medium speed corners but not too much as to make the faster corners too scary. My friend in a sorted 944 Turbo used to be able to keep up with me, not any more!

I would ignore all warnings on instructions about wet or slippery conditions, on the road it shouldn't ever be a problem and the traction/stability still works fine anyway.

All in all a big thumbs up to CS for the recommendation and the impact that a modest investment has had on the handling. If you are looking for an improvement in handling try these first, I no longer have a desire to upgrade my suspension.

Edited by broady
  • Like 1