DayZ?

neo-ninja

I started playing it last week actually, it's very fun but can also be very rage inducing at times.

Great game after a few beers :drunk:

What's the best way to get a group together? Steam? (pm'd you my steam name anyway)

Hi All,

So the first thing we have to do is try to get somewhere that we can meet up, currently i am in grid reference 0208

on this map: http://dayzdb.com/map#3.023.079

I would recomend trying to find an empty server to start with so you dont risk getting shot by other players, as close to me is where alot of players are on most servers because it has the high value air field.

Then general I play on the server called Kellys Heroes

What errors are you getting Varley?

Last night we found a camp of around 20 tents, crazy big! found a whole load of cool gear!

Were going to be complete bstards and take everything of value and then throw some grenades in to destroy the tents!

What server and grid position? Might have to pop round if any tents survived ;)

I got NVG and GPS too, perfect for night raids :D

im trying to play it, but i have a cd copy of arma 2, and a steam version of arrowhead, so gettin errors while trying to load it, any thoughts?

i do know a group who do play so maybe we could all team up?

Varley you need to update Arma2 to a certain version about a 750mb patch I believe and then a couple of other small updates. Check the Dayz forums and Arma2 forums to find the answer.

Also a good server browser which is better than six launcher and the in-game browser is ' Dayz Commander ' app.

When you dont have gps or a map to work with this site link is ideal for the job of finding mates - http://dayzdb.com/map#3.032.124

This game has a steep learning curve but is very good once you have mastered how the game works etc.

I normally play this game with about 5 or 6 others some evenings :thumbs:

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!

Saw a bus on NW Airfield, at the ATC Tower.

Checked around it, checked the tower inside, checked the firestation and the surrounding buildings, all clear.

Check around the bus again if it needs any parts, all ok.

Get in and start her up, moves fine, and next thing you know BLAM! two shots and i am dead.

Lost:

- Coyote Backpack (24 slots)

- M249SAW

- M4A1 CCO SD

- M9 SD

- NVG

- Rangefinder

- GPS

- and the usual toolbox stuff

- along with bloodbags and stuff

:byebye:

WELL GUTTED!!!

oh dear, i was able to play it, but now every time i load up a server, which takes about 5 mins on the loading screen, the FPS is poor, so jumpy. unplayable for me, yet arma 2 seems ok, just the dayz mod is poop for me

Can't wait to jump on after a few beers tonight and try and catch up with some of you lot now that it appears I won't be doing zed fest.

I've spent a few hours every night this week trying to get to the location but it didn't go to plan, had some great experiences though and loved every minute of it.

I have a small 8 man team speak 3 server that doesn't really get used so if you lot fancy jumping on there feel free, pm me for the address and details.