PERSUADE ME to swith to a 350Z??

I had a mk1 225 TT before my Zed. I now have a 2004 UK GT. I have not regretted the change for a second.

My TT introduced me to car forums as there was seemingly always something up with it. To the point I bought a VAGCOM lead so I could do my own diagnostics. The TT forum is a great place (much like this) but all to frequent the posts begin with "I'm getting this fault code....".

The Zed is IMO a much better car in many respects. I take pride looking at my standard Zed whereas my TT was just that - just another TT. Yes there are more 'exclusive' mk1 TT's such as the Quattro Sport or the V6. But these will only turn the heads of those that know the differences between the front bumper and slightly longer rear spoiler. Yawn.

The TT is a good, capable car. But it's just that, 'capable'. The Zed excites you and makes you grin each time the V6 kicks into life.

Went off on one a bit there. Just do it my friend. Come over from the darkside :starwars:

1. Do you smile each and every time you get into your current car? :shrug:

2. No. :thumbdown:

3. Do you want to smile each and every time you get into your next car? :shrug:

4. Yes. :thumbs:

5. Come back here and tell us all about it. :gathering:

6. Contract Zeditis. :clap:

7. Wonder why it took you so long. :headhurt:

Spot on :thumbs:

i got my zed in April and it was a toss up between that and a 225 coupe. So glad i stuck with Jap! :cloud9:

You will find you'll smile at it every time you get out of it....even if you've just popped to the shops!

Stop wasting time - go and drive one and you won't look back!

Hi Guys. Ive always admired the 350Z from afar but i'm now seriously considering a purchase. I'm currently the owner of the seemingly ubiquitous Audi TT Mk1 225 coupe on a )$ plate. Its a great car in many aspects and has never let me down, but I'm tempted to switch allegiance to the Zed. I love the styling and the extra PUNCH it packs!! Is there a dedicated 'sales' section on this forum?

I would mosyt likely be looking at 06-07 plate (budget around 8 to 9 thousand). Would prob also prefer the GT pack. Is there anybody on the forum who has owned the TT 225 and if so, how would you compare the two cars?

Much appreciated

Dude, you will not regret the switch. Audi TTs are boring. I have previously driven a 3.2 v6 TT and the performance with 350z is not in the same league. I would not think twice mate :)

I had a 225 remapped to 265

They're very different experiences... The zed doesn't really feel much faster, if at all, because of the lack of boost, but it is much more fun to drive in almost every way :)

The pull at any revs in any gear is amazing compared to the 1.8T, it's much more fun to drive round the bends, and just feels more 'special' than the TT.

It's always worth it just for the sound alone!

I only have the standard exhaust, with a pop charger intake, and when you give it some, people take notice, it sounds beautiful! Forget the asthmatic farty noise your TT makes :D

You definitely won't be disappointed if you make the step up :)