Batman - shooting

neo

One of the problems is that many Americans, even some highly educated ones are very ignorant of what goes on outside of America. On one of my holidays in The States I was once asked "What language do you speak in England?".

Pete

Brilliant, reminds me of the time I was in Chicago O'Hare trying to egt a bite to eat and the guy serving couldnt understand me and kept asking me to say it in English.... there was quite a queue forming behind me so the lady stood behind me repeated my order (which he understood) and said "He's from England, He's English and is speaking English" :lol:

Just some figures, 511 Police officers were killed by guns alone in The U.S in the period 2000-2010. An astonishing 51 of those were killed by their own guns! In the U.K there was just one policeman and one policewoman killed by guns...one of the killers turned out to be an American on the run, and the other one was a gang of Somali asylum seekers.

"dont blame the tool, blame the user of the tool"

I was told something similar, "It's people that kill, not guns", it's a mantra they repeat.

One of the problems is that many Americans, even some highly educated ones are very ignorant of what goes on outside of America. On one of my holidays in The States I was once asked "What language do you speak in England?".

Pete

...and your answer should have been 'American' :lol:

I was told something similar, "It's people that kill, not guns", it's a mantra they repeat.

There is something in that TBH :shrug: As someone said earlier in the thread, it's the same with dogs over here - some breeds of dogs are banned but irresponsible/thuggish/stupid/dangerous owners aren't, so will not solve the problem.

On one of my holidays in The States I was once asked "What language do you speak in England?".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Look at binge drinking and the recent law in Scotland. Too difficult to deal with the trouble makers, so lets have minimum pricing for Alcohol and kick everyone.

;) Have you seen how much a bottle of JD is now :scare::rant::rant:

They should just do away with the stars and stripes and have a slogan on a white background saying "live by the gun, die by the gun". It's crazy to think that there will be no amendment to the laws, especially their ancient and massively outdated constitution following this, Americans will carry on as if nothing happened...

Now I haven't a clue what the gun laws are in Norway, but let's not forget what happened there almost exactly 1 year ago.....

Steve

Their laws are far closer to ours than to America. Guns are held mainly for hunting and competitive shooting, personal hand guns aren't allowed. You need a permit for which you need to pass an exhaustive test and have no criminal record. Unlike America though, nearly all gun crime(which is very low) in Norway is by illegally held weapons.

The problem with massacres, and they happen in many countries, nobody can deny that, is that these are the ones that grab the headlines. The steady drip of unfortunate casualties are usually only reported locally. BTW, some of you might already know this and a few of you might remember the event known as The McDonalds massacre just outside San Diego in 1984...well, I was in that restaurant just 5 days before the massacre occured :scare::scare: , that's where my interest in American gun law began.

• 4 months later...