Dealer-supplied car with wrong tyres

350Zoro

Guys

I need your advice. I just bought a 350Z from a non-Nissan dealer (part of a large network of dealers) and the car has brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres all round. I have had the car for a week and I get the ESP (traction control if you like) kicking in even when I am accelerating in a straight line! I had a look and was shocked to find that the car has 225/45R18 91W tyres in the front AND 225/45R18 95W (Extra Load 225s) at the rear.

I would like to think that this is an honest mistake by the dealer who basically asked someone to put on new tyres but because I had quite a few heated discussions with him whilst negotiating a price etc I am not sure how to approach the situation. I mean I will have only owned the car for a week tomorrow! I should be able to ask him to replace the rears free of charge based on the fact that the car is not roadworthy given that it is not as per the manufacturer's specification and on the basis that the Load Index on the rear tyres is also illegal as it is under the given 96 figure.

What do you guys think? I need to have 245/45R18 96W at the rears and should not have to wait until these wear out. Plus is this not going to fail the MOT (due in 5 months)? And it will be dangerous in the rain for sure given my heavy foot!

Any thoughts, experiences, recommendations on how to approach this will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

• Like 1

+1, Let them sort it out with whoever did the change. Its their problem and they should rectify it.

+1 surely its down to the tyre shop who fitted em.get it sorted m8 :teeth: mistakes do happen.

Thank you guys

After the expected bs trying to get me to return the wrong tyres and to put some unbranded tyres made of Kebab left overs he has agreed to fit RE050A of the correct size at the rear.

Cheers for your comments and keeping me calm :)

• 10 months later...

I have exactly this problem now. I bought my Zed from a Nissan main dealer, so I'm shocked they didn't spot this. I'm also preying I don't have 8JJ front rims fitted all round by mistake too, as they should be 8.5JJ on the rear :-/ I'm hoping I have your luck when I approach them about it...... could get interesting

• 1 month later...

Funny how some dealers get away with wrong size or faulty tyres. Bought mine two years ago from a company in Norwich. All four tyres were of different make but as I have access to decent discount on tyres,I thought,what the hell,I have a new set eventually. Just as well I did,three of the originals had illegal repair patches! Not plugs as they should have been. Talked to the dealer,naturally they said "its not down to us",we dont take every tyre off to check it"! After a rather long discussion about the fact that they had sold a car in a possibly dangerous condition etc etc but still there was no bending. I then got in touch with those nice caring Trading Standards people,guess what,they couldnt give a stuff! Moto being,all odd tyres? Walk away.