Tempted to do an airfield day.... worth it?

typically not 1 week after selling my track car do I find an available day at my local airfield when I'm not working... I did it last year in my MX5 so I know what to expect but is it worth a thrash out in the 350z?

Being a heavy car I'm not 100% sure what to expect from it..... and do I turn the TCS off and go all out or stay within the safety of the VDC?

I have a part worn set of Bridgestones so its a good opportunity to get them completely knackered and its coming towards the end of the season so I'm not too bothered about blowing it up...

any advice from you 350 track drivers welcome!!

Cheers

Kev

ive done loads of them , not since ive owned the z mind.

ive done them in all the cars, inc my last evo and fq400 :teeth:

i got so addicted i went and bought a 205 gti , and pound for pound ive never had so much fun, when your in your pride and joy your always mindful of the value ,

go for it, take plenty of fuel, and tyres and enjoy !!

look for javelin track days, they organise them and are really helpful.

Only thing I'd say is be warry of stone chips, airfields don't seem to be a clean as tracks.

Saying that, Javelin now have a large blower they use to clean the circuit before the day, so that should help.

Also worth doing a 5 or 6 laps than having a cooling off period, then repeat.

These Airfield days are great to teach you the limitation of grip on your car and also helps you improve car control, so I think they are a great idea and there is way less risk of you smashing the car here than taking it on a track :thumbs:

After a talk with Martinmac at LakeZ I think we are looking at arranging one for LakeZ 2013 :thumbs: