Okay next modification

Zedrush

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff Zedrush

:worthless:

I know I know lol, give me a chance will take pics tonight as camera is at home..

Im abouts 10 minutes from Greenwich town centre. I would be more than happy for anyone to comedown and check out the install and try it out, it is fabulous. I have got a lot of music videos and the sound runs through my head player to the 15" sub woofer and bose speakers sounds phat!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

At the moment my friend has flushed the screen in the dash looks really good I thing but he has got the original dash and is in the middle of doing a fibreglass install for the screen on the spare to see what I think. he has just started today and says will finish within the month hence why I bough a spare centre dash to see which one looks best but I really like how its set up now. He is a perfectionist to say the least.

So yeh anybody wanna see more than welcome to and can check out my awesome body kit

Hey Zedrush,

i am close to greenwich, if you fancy meeting up sometime near the cinema retail park (bugsby way) blackwall tunnell, that would be cool. would like to see what you got installed.

Good stuff Zedrush

:worthless:

Im abouts 10 minutes from Greenwich town centre. I would be more than happy for anyone to comedown and check out the install and try it out, it is fabulous.

So yeh anybody wanna see more than welcome to and can check out my awesome body kit

I can get to Kingston and Greenwich without too much difficulty, so will prob try to arrange to see both your installs sometime soon. Will PM you both when I know when I'll be free to try to pop over!

Or maybe we should have a mini-meet to show off our ICE?

Cool well both of you lets arrange a date, I dont like taking my car to the retail park there are certain humps my car dont agree with lol, but can meet in greenwich or Woolwich royal arsenal as there is a huge parking space with no annoying humps :teeth: My car can go over speed humps but the plastic hard black ones are a nightmare for me.

This Sunday if you guys wanna meet :teeth:

So u have a windows based car PC installed already?

I did a windows based Incar PC for my last car, it was a PC only install. Worked OK, but i got fed up at not having a radio with RDS and it crashing etc after S3 standby and basically just 'being a PC'. Considering doing it again, but with a Mac, running a mac OS, just dont know what the best Nav software would be

Jamie

I did a windows based Incar PC for my last car, it was a PC only install. Worked OK, but i got fed up at not having a radio with RDS and it crashing etc after S3 standby and basically just 'being a PC'. Considering doing it again, but with a Mac, running a mac OS, just dont know what the best Nav software would be

Jamie

No mate dont have pc have a mini apple mac installed...dont like PC's :wacko:;)

I can get to Kingston and Greenwich without too much difficulty, so will prob try to arrange to see both your installs sometime soon. Will PM you both when I know when I'll be free to try to pop over!

Or maybe we should have a mini-meet to show off our ICE?

sure just PM me sometime .. still working on a few things, next up will be interfacing steering wheel controls to PC which I hope to sort out at the weekend

IC IC, but if you bought a Mac, why are you using Microsoft Autoroute 2007? Its for windows only isnt it?

Jamie

what sat nav software are you using on your Mini-mac?

Jamie

Hi mate I am using this software Autoroute 2007:

I bought from http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod3353.html

for sat nav on my Mac Mini, although have not installed yet will do on friday and got gps recieve on bluetooth connection :thumbs:

Jamie

well its easy to take the PC sound out through a headunit with RDS (or you could use a HQCT (http://www.xtronic.be/?id=91〈=2) if you want to control the radio via the pc touchscreen (eg with Centrafuse front end)

IC IC, but if you bought a Mac, why are you using Microsoft Autoroute 2007? Its for windows only isnt it?

Jamie

what sat nav software are you using on your Mini-mac?

Jamie

Hi mate I am using this software Autoroute 2007:

I bought from http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod3353.html

for sat nav on my Mac Mini, although have not installed yet will do on friday and got gps recieve on bluetooth connection :thumbs:

My friend you need to read previous posts,;) I have a mini mac with intel core duo, it runs windows from the mini mac too Just that Route 66 a software for mac sat nav is crap so had to have a good one and only one out is on pc. So run it from the windows side. I shouldnt really bother as have a Tom Tom :thumbs:

This sunday might be good. what time is good for you?? i can probably do around 3pm ish for an hour or two. let me know.

Cool well both of you lets arrange a date, I dont like taking my car to the retail park there are certain humps my car dont agree with lol, but can meet in greenwich or Woolwich royal arsenal as there is a huge parking space with no annoying humps :teeth: My car can go over speed humps but the plastic hard black ones are a nightmare for me.

This Sunday if you guys wanna meet :teeth:

i was going to mention the dual-boot idea, but when you said dont like PCs i though u meant eww eww eww nothing Mr Gates at all. . . .

Ideally i would want an all in one Apple based system as the Frontrow software is perfectly suited to a car PC, just need some decent bleedin software on it now . . .at the moment the carpc thing is a been there dont that . . . got pi**ed off thing for me, although it can be fun, i realise there limitations, and i just want a simple setup now. My major annoyance is the lack of any decent MP3 headunits, be it ipod control or not, the GUIs can look crap, even on the newest decks and slow too, or lack features. Even the latest IDA-X001 from alpine i think is just to fill a gap in the market while they figure out how to intergrate everything properly. . . .

i was going to mention the dual-boot idea, but when you said dont like PCs i though u meant eww eww eww nothing Mr Gates at all. . . .

Ideally i would want an all in one Apple based system as the Frontrow software is perfectly suited to a car PC, just need some decent bleedin software on it now . . .at the moment the carpc thing is a been there dont that . . . got pi**ed off thing for me, although it can be fun, i realise there limitations, and i just want a simple setup now. My major annoyance is the lack of any decent MP3 headunits, be it ipod control or not, the GUIs can look crap, even on the newest decks and slow too, or lack features. Even the latest IDA-X001 from alpine i think is just to fill a gap in the market while they figure out how to intergrate everything properly. . . .

The mini mac almost seems like it was made for the car and for front row there is a free software called amp which works wonders, big buttons for touchscreen everything you need. i also have a docking station 12 quid of ebay for my nano absolutely fantastic...

I can meet sunday at about 2 mate :thumbs:

So a mini-meet on Sunday afternoon sounds like the general concensus? Have seen 2pm and 3pm as potential times - I can do either!

I live out in Essex now, so have to go back out on the a13 via thurrock too!

Anyone got the post code of the proposed car park location?

People who may be attending (add names)

elrao

Zedrush

Ash007

Pingu2 ?

hmm where are you proposing to have our mini meet? somewhere near the M25 might be better for me really, as I don't fancy trekking through south london to greenwich - but from where I am I can easilly get to the M25..

also my car is in the garage tomorrow for work, can't be certain they will get it finished and they aren't open on Saturday.. hopefully they will finish it tomorrow though..