Price

smudgedon

Hi guys

Just wanting a bit of help on a price for a Zed that i'm looking at

I saw it about 2 months ago and the seller had it very overpriced. He still has it now, at a reduced price but i feel it's still a little high with an asking price of £8k

Spec is as follows:

'04 GT model with heated leathers

44k miles

P3 service carried out recently

1 months tax

5 months MOT

18" alloys

Double din headunit

Scorpion exhaust system

I've offered him 7700 if he renews the tax for me, do we think this is fair? He's being quite stubborn with his price

IMO there is more than enough zeds on the market to be picky.

If its not worth it you cant reduce the price. If your happy with it why not buy it?

I'd say and I could be wrong its £500-£800 over price. But it might be mint.

True that it is a buyer's market, but this one has everything I want

He's obviously pricing it based on the extras but they don't add that much value

Any ideas how I might be able to convince him? I already offered to throw in a Mars bar!

I think your offer of 7700 with renewed tax is more than generous enough. Zeds with half year tax are going for under 7000 ATM (granted with 10k miles more). You could move on and buy a great one for under 7k and pick up a new scorpion for 375 and DD head unit for another couple of hundred. Also find out when/if the clutch has been changed because I think it'll be on its way out in the next year or so if it's the original.

That does seem rather high. Ive seen 313 roadsters up for £9000 which would be a 3 year newer car too!!!

The thing ive noticed with zeds though is that the prices seem to vary like mad for the same year/mileage car. Plenty out there, so shop around!

rabbit is right i have seen cars for 9k and another one exactly same spec with higher mileage for 13k. Obviously the 13k seller is a dreamer but it's all relative to how long you will keep the car, and how much you want that particular car. From my experience of searching for the right car at the right price there are alot of buyers for cars 6-8k, so the deals do not look as good. However, get above 9k and there seem to be bargains aplenty, probably based on trade in prices of sub 8 people have received on 07' cars from dealers.

My advice grab another grand out of your savings and buy a minter

Bought mine Kuro '04 GT for £6.5k. It wasn't mint but it's not a heap either. The odd stone chip and/or mark that I expect from a 65k 8 year old car and needed new disks and pads. Overall cost me £7k after sorting out brakes and a service.

The deals are out there, don't pay over the odds, if he doesn't want to sell, let him keep it. You're offering only £300 below advertised price + tax, most others would jump at that offer. I got £500 off mine by mentioning every tiny little detail that wasn't perfect followed by a rough price to put right.

Try him again at £7750 + tax and if he says no, give him your number and tell him to call you if he changes his mine because you'll not be improving your offer.

True that it is a buyer's market, but this one has everything I want

He's obviously pricing it based on the extras but they don't add that much value

Any ideas how I might be able to convince him? I already offered to throw in a Mars bar!

:lol: What extras? A crappy sounding back box (remember thats not a full system) and a double din?

Certainly not a full cat back performance exhaust sytem plus Performance Friction / DBA/ Ferrodo/ Hel brake package as well as facelifted and smoothed end and a service history that's worth its weight in gold ;)

Vik shouldnt have to try and sell you it........ you should just want to buy it :lol::thumbs:

Its ok Jordan and I have already spoken at length - I took a wee while to get interior photos sorted and we are about 600 miles apart it just wasn't going to happen :shrug:

Hi guys

Just wanting a bit of help on a price for a Zed that i'm looking at

I saw it about 2 months ago and the seller had it very overpriced. He still has it now, at a reduced price but i feel it's still a little high with an asking price of £8k

Spec is as follows:

'04 GT model with heated leathers

44k miles

P3 service carried out recently

1 months tax

5 months MOT

18" alloys

Double din headunit

Scorpion exhaust system

I've offered him 7700 if he renews the tax for me, do we think this is fair? He's being quite stubborn with his price

is it mine??

Vik, I haven't said no....our communication broke down when you went away lol

Mark, it is your old one and your info is very useful ;)

I can't decide on azure or sunset :(

I'd go on condition, spec, how nice the seller is then colour. :)