Vinyl number plate

Luke0549

I am trying to find the page that the copper showed me. I did not belive it myself but it was there. :bangin:

All I can find is an old thread that Police are trying to get the law changed because of the drive outs of fuel stations and some other stuff.

I will be well peeved if WLMG made me buy a pair of plates for no good reason.

:yuck:

I have to surrender.

Just read on other forums simular stories of being hoodwinked and that dealerships especially MOT stations were jumping the gun

and had bought Number plate machines.

Obviously wanted to make some money.

Maybe l miss read what the PC showed me, and it may have been the start of a joint campaign between the Driver agency and met Police.

Appologies.

:blush:

I like the look of the plate! I have removed mount and stuck the plate on the bumper with the number plate tape! Very worried it will come off the coz of the bend! Think I might order one of these!

From reading the thread i get the just they are legal??

Well l spent ages and can find nothing to back up my earlier statement.

So mine are going on and that lump of plastic on the front is coming off.

The nice thing about those ebay ones is the numbers are carbon and look great.

But you need to be careful as they will air bubble

B)

Only if you do it like me in a rush.

I took the whole backing off and the surface was not flush.

The other guys may be right about Vinal plates as being a no no but stick on plates being correct.

Its a shame as these are really good quality.

I think Biscuit has an XK 8 and l have seen them on the front of those.

I know the spacing on mine is wrong but the Met police seem not to be that bothered.

certainly the ones that come to Croydon valley have not commented and they said we recognise the car.

At the end of the day the iten Stew put up is correct.

You could always stick the vinal ones over the stick on lol.

B)

The only text on plates that is legal is plain black or 3D effect in the desired font, so carbon lettering is not legal. I'm on the phone at the moment but when I get home tomorrow I'll hunt out the source stating so and which font.

The only test on plates that is legal is plain black or 3D effect in the desired font, so carbon lettering is not legal. I'm on the phone at the moment but when I get home tomorrow I'll hunt out the source stating so and which font.

Nothing on my car is legal then lol

:surrender:

It's been illegal to have stick on number plates on caravans for a few years (i know cos I got one) and caravan dealers are not allowed to supply numbers or backing for DIY so I cannot see why it's going to be different for cars.

As promised.

Number plates must now use one specific, mandatory typeface - a very simple sans serif typeface intended to make the numbers easy to read by both humans and automatic recognition systems, which are increasingly being used by the police and other agencies. All hard-to-read variants, such as multiple stroke and italic fonts, are now prohibited. The one decorative variation still permitted is a 3D effect version of the mandatory typeface.

Taken from www.regtransfers.com