Alignment and Adjustable caster

Daryl

Just had a full geo check done on my car at Atomic Wheels over the road from my house in Milton Keynes,just off junction 14. They have adjusted as much as possible, but the technician said that to get the caster within a decent spec,that I would need adjustable Front top wishbones. This will decrease the wear on the inner edges of my front tyres. Has anyone else come across this before, and is it something worth doing?

By the way, Atomic Wheels are very good. Was shown all the ins and out,explained everything and was very satisfied with their work,also have the Hunter Hawk Eye kit.

Great place for anyone in or around MK, as the only other place near by is Tyres Northampton,which is 30 minutes away.

My car is lowered and I run rays. I have adjustable front and rear arms just so I can put everything into spec. My arms give 2.5degrees of movement I'm sure.

There is also superpro bushes which can change your camber I think.

Can't see why your caster would be off. Any chance the car has been in an accident?

Cant see any evidence of it being in an accident no. Had full HPI check when i got it,and been under it and pulled it apart numerous times. Paint work is all original too.

Very strange advice if you ask me, caster is usually adjusted to change steering characteristics, not to prevent tyre wear. Are you sure he wasnt talking about camber? :shrug:

Caster adjustment is usually by way of a bush for the traction arm, if you arent seriously tracking it then Id leave it alone myself. :)

I think that they may have meant camber and not caster.

Why not post up the print out for us to see.

If your car is not lowered then it is strange that you are having a geometry issue and further investigation may be required.

Alex :)

My intial post said Camber,then i changed it to caster. Now thinking i was right the first time! Lol

Cant get the pic up at the moment,but have the print out here at work.

Right,the Toeing was out at the front and rear,and although the front camber is withing the spec from Nissan,its still not as good as it can be. The technician said that the tollerance on the camber is pretty large.

My intial post said Camber,then i changed it to caster. Now thinking i was right the first time! Lol

Cant get the pic up at the moment,but have the print out here at work.

Right,the Toeing was out at the front and rear,and although the front camber is withing the spec from Nissan,its still not as good as it can be. The technician said that the tollerance on the camber is pretty large.

If the front camber is within OEM tollerances then it will be fine :thumbs:

• 1 month later...