Anyone tried this iPhone/iPod gadget?

KyleR

Hmm been around for a while, if it is like the older type ones it doesn't 'control' the iPod it just lets you access the first few playlists as CD's on the changer, doesn't give you any artist/track information just track 1, track 2 etc..... Better off spending £50 more on a new HU that has proper iPod control :dry:

Hmm been around for a while, if it is like the older type ones it doesn't 'control' the iPod it just lets you access the first few playlists as CD's on the changer, doesn't give you any artist/track information just track 1, track 2 etc..... Better off spending £50 more on a new HU that has proper iPod control :dry:

I'd be pretty happy if it worked just like the iPod hack in having to use the iPod/iPhone to select playlists or tracks, especially since i'd be afraid of screwing the hack up if I were to attempt it and this is supposed to charge as well.

Only problem I can see is that since our 6 disc changer is internal to the factory HU, where you plug the aftermarket gadget into?

Was thinking the same thing, maybe there's a port it fits at the back for the OEM sat nav/dvd player?

• 3 weeks later...

Only problem I can see is that since our 6 disc changer is internal to the factory HU, where you plug the aftermarket gadget into?

There was a gadget similar to this for the RX8.

Worked the same way too - First 6 playlists on your ipod/phone were treated as CD's.

It plugged into the mini-disc player slot on the back of the HU. (the slot was free if you didn't have the mini-disc fitted - Which very few UK cars do).

Not sure if there is anything on the back of the 350 HU to plug into.

Not sure if there is anything on the back of the 350 HU to plug into.

There isn't. That's the exact trouble I found when I purchased the proper connector from the US a few years back, and had to sell it on.

OP, save your time and money, it won't work.