Double & triple posts

Thing is I was receiving a physical error, as such I reverted back to my post entry screen.

I was never aware that my post actually landed correctly, despite receiving an error saying the server times out?

Thing is I was receiving a physical error, as such I reverted back to my post entry screen.

I was never aware that my post actually landed correctly, despite receiving an error saying the server times out?

Unfortunately its something we cant control as its all in the back end. It looks like some database funnies are going on and this causes the software that drives the forum to go slightly mad. We'll hopefully have it sorted soon so the problem will go away :surrender:

Just go back and preview the thread and you will see if you posted or not ;)

Some pesky bit of SQL somewhere looping around checking something it doesn't need to :lol:

I have almost the same thing at work, each night I have to move over 1,000 orders which have up to 8 different order numbers associated to them.

All other depots just move maybe 50 orders and they move each individual order by order number and it is instant. At my depot we move everything as we are trialing new software to maximise vehicle utilisation and we have to move the actual order, this is sometimes instant and sometimes takes 3/4 minutes which if you work it out would take forever :surrender:

Flagged it to IT and they said 'well use the order numbers and it will be instant' no $hit sherlock but then I will have up to 8,000 to move :headhurt: 'erm.... ok well we will look into it then' turns out it is an indexing problem, when you don't enter the order number the system looks through EVERY order to find corresponding ones so hopefully a quick fix :thumbs:

OK wake up now it was in interesting story I thought :blush:

Dont worry, the spambot will be around shortly to do a tidy up, then its bye bye post counts ;)

Is it a bot? I assumed you guys did it?

(noob question, not sure if serious?)

Spam Bot is automatically set to start at 9.15 every morning. It is a automated task you can set in the forum software. As you can see, it has been busy here

:lol::lol: Harsh but fair!!

Dont worry, the spambot will be around shortly to do a tidy up, then its bye bye post counts ;)

Is it a bot? I assumed you guys did it?

(noob question, not sure if serious?)

Spam Bot is automatically set to start at 9.15 every morning. It is a automated task you can set in the forum software. As you can see, it has been busy here