Oh Nuts!

soimafreak

To cut a long story short I basically have nuked my allow wheel nut key, I think the time before last it was done up to tight and an undo - redo took it's toll, either way it's screwed.

So my questions are....

1,So I just go get a locking wheel nut remover such as http://www.dynomec.co.uk/

2, I believe I can order a replacement from nissan / McGuard but I don't really want to wait 8 weeks for it I need to get my wheels off in the next 2 weeks if not sooner.

3, Do all 350's come with the same key for the locking wheel nut ? My suspicion is that they are all the same, But I would need to find some kind and generous person that owned a 350z and was willing to let me use there locking wheel nut key (which given the circumstances may be challenging)

Any help appreciated :)

3, Do all 350's come with the same key for the locking wheel nut ? My suspicion is that they are all the same, But I would need to find some kind and generous person that owned a 350z and was willing to let me use there locking wheel nut key (which given the circumstances may be challenging)

I believe there were a handful of different types, maybe if you posted a photo of the shape someone near you may have the same 1?

8 different types IIRC, and if you take your car to Nissan they can check which one you have and order you one up for the next day or the day after. Cost is about £8, best to get two for that price in case it happens again. :)

I've just been to Nissan today to get a replacement for mine. They had three different sets of tools. The set that contained the correct one for me had abour 16 different keys in it. Anyway they found the right one but it wasnt in stock so they say it will be a week for it to come in and cost £17

I've just been to Nissan today to get a replacement for mine. They had three different sets of tools. The set that contained the correct one for me had abour 16 different keys in it. Anyway they found the right one but it wasnt in stock so they say it will be a week for it to come in and cost £17

Bloody hell, that price has shot up from when I bought mine then :scare:

Bloody hell, that price has shot up from when I bought mine then :scare:

They asked be for a princely sum of £17.89 still cheaper than removing the entire set with the dynomec or buying a replacement set of keys etc so not too bad. Luckily they had it within their group stock so i'll get it tuesday.

Thanks for the help guys

They asked be for a princely sum of £17.89 still cheaper than removing the entire set with the dynomec or buying a replacement set of keys etc so not too bad. Luckily they had it within their group stock so i'll get it tuesday.

I'm guessing you went to West Way Nissan in Basingstoke? If so how was the service? I'll feed it back to my brother.

I'm guessing you went to West Way Nissan in Basingstoke? If so how was the service? I'll feed it back to my brother.

Is your brother Richard then?

Is your brother Richard then?

Ryan.