Average Idle Speed?

Kuro

I felt sure this had been covered before, but the search didn't turn up much :)

Anyway, just wondering what the average or normal idle speed is among the community?

Mine has always been a very steady 575-675 ish rpm (when warm obviousy!)

Recently, it has dropped slightly, to pretty much spot on 500rpm, maybe a little less. Slightly blipping results in it settling below this mark for just a second, before resuming normal service...

I only noticed because the sound of the engine changed slightly :headhurt: (yes, I do listen to my Zed very carefully in the garage :teeth: )

Owt to worry about..?

I have a GReddy inteligent infometer which gives all kinds of readings (im sad for this kind of thing :blush: )

In the idle section my zed idles at 675 to 700 when cold and 635 to 662 when warm

The only time it was ever different was when i fitted my Apexi Power intake it idled at 725 to 750 area for a day and a half then the ecu canceled it out. :dry: Proves that this induction kit has better flow :teeth: but also that its true that our ecu cancels mods out. :dry:

Lew

still get 21mpg around town. At least my aircon seals will always be in good working order. :)
Do they say its good to hav it on for this reason?

Yep. Good practice to run your aircon at least once a week over the winter time to help prevent rubber seals from failing.

When my engine is very warm (say, after a long journey), it starts to "bob" a little around 500 too, when idle. If I put air con on, it smooths it out though, so if I'm letting it idle for a while (in a queue etc), then I sometimes stick air con on.

I'm sure I remember someone saying that it's due to the car being designed to idle with air con on, which means the timing is a little off when it isn't.

When my engine is very warm (say, after a long journey), it starts to "bob" a little around 500 too, when idle. If I put air con on, it smooths it out though, so if I'm letting it idle for a while (in a queue etc), then I sometimes stick air con on.

I'm sure I remember someone saying that it's due to the car being designed to idle with air con on, which means the timing is a little off when it isn't.

That makes sense :) Thanks all :D