Why am I so terrified of 100k?

Ricey

The jags safe because it's usually bought by tweed jacket pipe smoking old men. The likes of the clk or cl or sl most up my way are owned by guys who punt Charlie and rip the balls out them Chasing evos.

do love your descriptions :lol:

but you are right that with any big car like V8's etc especially if they are over 10 years old there is a small element of a lottery to buying them. i've never had a big worry as i have enough technical knowledge of cars that i can fix them myself. and i enjoy doing the work.

but for the car inept its probably best to stick to things that are either new or japanese or both.

My bro owns a tweed jacket btw ... no jokes lmao, he also had a range vogue v8 for going to the hunting club :lol::lol::lol: 28 going on 50

but for the car inept its probably best to stick to things that are either new or japanese or both.

Your just like my mate, when he owns something its always the best. When he's got rid it not! Whay happens when you own a V12 Rich are the car inept best sticking to just V8's because you have four more pots? :lol::wacko:

As if any modern engine is not hard enough to fix anyway for mosrt people regardless of its configuration :shrug:

Your just like my mate, when he owns something its always the best. When he's got rid it not! Whay happens when you own a V12 Rich are the car inept best sticking to just V8's? :lol::wacko:

WTF :wacko:

japanese and most new cars these days have a reputation for being reliable so if your no good at fixing stuff its a safe choice.

and no i'm not like your mate, it just happens to have been that the zed was the biggest let down of a car i've ever owned, promised so much but delivered so little. loved my S2K still do, loved my MR2 still do, loved my old GTi6 was an epic car. love my jag its great (gots its problems, but still love it).

but the zed by the time i sold it i could have set it on fire and not have been bothered. all my other cars i was sad to see go but the 350 i have no love for it.

it just happens to have been that the zed was the biggest let down of a car i've ever owned, promised so much but delivered so little.

So even more bizarre that you spend so much time on here constantly reminding us! :wacko:

it just happens to have been that the zed was the biggest let down of a car i've ever owned, promised so much but delivered so little.

So even more bizarre that you spend so much time on here constantly reminding us! :wacko:

i stay around becuase i have friends here; the fact that you don't like me being here makes the pleasure of sticking around even greater :lol:

i stay around becuase i have friends here; the fact that you don't like me being here makes the pleasure of sticking around even greater :lol:

You constantly get that fact wrong as well! So sorry to disappoint you :p:lol: But very baffled that you think i dont like you, having never met you! :wacko:

But if you think thats true, then please carry on. :thumbs:

My apologies to the OP :)

Lol you pair of lesbo's need to bum this tension out one day.

Back on topic......

Who the hell puts a car up for sale with 2 flat tyres, a flat battery and the ONLY thing you will find in the forums about what to look for (the ticking heater thingy).

Also it had 7690 in the window......they've not even bothered to alter the price!

Back on topic......

Who the hell puts a car up for sale with 2 flat tyres, a flat battery and the ONLY thing you will find in the forums about what to look for (the ticking heater thingy).

Also it had 7690 in the window......they've not even bothered to alter the price!

walk away

i saw an XK a while back with a flat battery, and they didn't knoe how to open the boot in order to charge it :lol:

Back on topic......

Yeah a bit like selling a Zed and saying 'I am not sure what that clicky noise is from the rear axle is' :doh:

Shame because it looked like a lot of car for the money....

Back on topic......

Yeah a bit like selling a Zed and saying 'I am not sure what that clicky noise is from the rear axle is' :doh:

It did and besides everything when he started it up with the brabus zorst......holy sexwee batman :cloud9:

That is how a V8 should sound

Back on topic......

It did and besides everything when he started it up with the brabus zorst......holy sexwee batman :cloud9:

Get it bought man :cloud9:

Back on topic......

Not with a grand of work sat there looking me in the face.

Flat tyres and battery are fine ....that's just from it sitting but the clicking heater thing is a mare.

Back on topic......

Not with a grand of work sat there looking me in the face.

Flat tyres and battery are fine ....that's just from it sitting but the clicking heater thing is a mare.

If it has sat there that long would they not take an offer bearing in mind the work needed or are they just hoping someone will be clueless :shrug:

If i wanted it i would be tempted to go 50/50 on the work needed....

clicking heater? That when the rest button keeps popping out or am I off the mark?

No It's some sort off broken arm/stripped cog thingy which requires the dash out........8hours labour plus parts

clicking heater? That when the rest button keeps popping out or am I off the mark?

No It's some sort off broken arm/stripped cog thingy which requires the dash out........8hours labour plus parts

but once its done and the work is recorded in the service history, does it not make it an easy sell when you get bored?

i've got similiar work on mine. got to do the timing chain tensioners, and its bang on the nose £1k worth of work. but i know when its done, its something buyers look for and will make it an easier sell.

Not wanting to cast any aspersions at Torque cars but you now how you just get a feeling your in a dodgy backstreet garage.....well they portray it perfectly.

What I'm better doing it saving 500 on the purchase price and getting a stainless custom unit made up.

I think the brabus kit jut makes it harder sell in reality.