Working in Dubai

captain

Hey Captain,

I worked there for about 18 months around '98 and my folks lived there about the same time for 3-4 years. I'm happy to discuss the place from a social/personal/living side, but before I do that I strongly suggest you research the property market over there first. There are lots of rich people in Dubai and they're rich for a reason, if that means risking you to make money so be it. The lack of basic salary concerns me. Even if the offer is legit now, what's to say the market doesn't crash in the future leaving you out of luck? I thought the property market was already a mess to be honest (far too much empty property due to rich developers and not enough buyers).

I can ask on FB if anybody still lives over there if you wish? I know a few of my friends still go back from time to time.

Haydn.

p.s: Having said that, if you can afford the risk, you could always treat it as an extended holiday for 3-6 months expecting to earn nothing and see how it goes.

Might be a bit late, but the verdict from my friend out there was "If he is a decent estate agent and knows what he is doing then he WILL make money out here" :thumbs:

Meet you for a beer when Im next visiting then? :D

No doubt I'll be buying a Z with my first or second pay cheque so all visitors welcome. :thumbs: