Driving abroad

Shinjuku

Is it just a case of getting some of those headlamp stickers or is there a better alternative?

Cheers

Not really, you need to read up the regulations for each country you plan on visiting. These change all the time, for example in France from July 2012 you need to carry an unused breathaliser kit with you :surrender: . Many countries require triangles and other bits of kit you wouldn't normally carry around in The U.K. Sweden and Norway require dipped headlights in the daytime and from memory you aren't allowed to smoke whilst driving in those countries either.

Pete

I should have been more clear I want to know if the headlight stickers are the best option for the zed or if something else is better.

I am fine for what the countries require from tourist drivers. Its implementing the headlight beam modification that I am asking about.

Thanks

I hear what you say about only being interested in the headlight question but don't forget to delete speed camera warnings off your sat nav if you have one. It's a new one this year together with the removal of signs warning you of cameras in advance, plus the installation of 400 new ones. Big fines and confiscation involved if you're a bad boy.

:thumbdown:

I hear what you say about only being interested in the headlight question but don't forget to delete speed camera warnings off your sat nav if you have one. It's a new one this year together with the removal of signs warning you of cameras in advance, plus the installation of 400 new ones. Big fines and confiscation involved if you're a bad boy.

Hi. Dont want to be a pedant but I did not say I was only interested in the headlight issue. Rather that I did not need info on the other obligations. The aa website has it all.

Bought the breath testers a few weeks back. Four quid for two delivered on ebay. Although its a legal requirement from june or july its not going to be enforced until autumn. Thought I would get some anyway and then use them when Im in the uk.

Well you helped me because I didn't know about the speed camera satnav issue :thumbs: